Swing'R... no not that

Likwid

What did you FIRST thing Swing'R's name meant?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What did you FIRST thing Swing'R's name meant?

• He and his lady are "swingers" (hookers)
    • He has/had a Silver Wing (blow)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you graduated tp a BIKE before I joined and could make fun of you! The wife would've probably made me do it even. She REFUSED to let me even MENTION a scooter for her when she decided to start riding! She still won't drive a manual shift car, but is doing well on the bike! :dunno: I'm hoping it all comes back to her next spring when we get the bikes back out!

I've ridden with him triple as well, noone is debating his riding or that a scooter is less manly... I really like riding with David, and he's a great guy... I just wondered why he was advertising he was a swinger... then someone said "no man, it's SilverWINGER"

This is purely who thought he was a swinger from the name :)! lol

I've bee with him more than once doing triple digits. It was purdy funny.

I think that thing was a 500cc so it trumps "the fan" :D

Damn! Got me again on the fan! :lol: Being a 500 did it get near 70 MPG though! :D

I've ridden with him triple as well, noone is debating his riding or that a scooter is less manly... I really like riding with David, and he's a great guy... I just wondered why he was advertising he was a swinger... then someone said "no man, it's SilverWINGER"

This is purely who thought he was a swinger from the name :)! lol

I got to ride with David once so far, on a poker run (go ahead, make that comment punny someone, with swing'r and poker, someone HAS to) and we had a good time. He even posted a pic of me that was a bit "less than flettering" from one of the stops! :lol:

I am SO looking forward to next year, and getting to get in on some more group rides.

ummm, that S-Wing was a 600cc

and sure, at first glance his moniker appeared to say "swinger"

But that didn't last long, heh...

After I got over what the screenname wasn't, I actually thought it meant the older siverwing BIKE from the 80's, before I realized they named a scooter silverwing.

You guys are all silly. :p Yeah the "swing" was actually 582cc (considered a 600) and it topped out at 110mph indicated.

Swing is a term used by SilverWing riders, I used to belong to a silverwing forum and picked up the term there.

I have to give credit where its due though, the name SWing'R was thought up by ZeroCrash one Friday night at Hooters.

If you've never seen it, theres an album of pics of the swing in my profile.

And as for me being a real "swinger"... in my wildest dreams :D

After I got over what the screenname wasn't, I actually thought it meant the older siverwing BIKE from the 80's, before I realized they named a scooter silverwing.

Honda brought the name back for the scooter, but you're right,

thats where the name started originally.

"S'winger" might' date=' technically, be the correct way to write it but we'd still think he's a super freak. :lol:[/quote']

Well, see the whole idea behind the way I did it was a play on the word "swing" and "swinger".

Used a capital SW as short for swing and added the 'R as a way to make it like swinger but different. Mike (ZeroCrash) had the idea and I ran with it.

Thought about changing my name after I got the Yamaha but had grown to like it :D

No he's married! Diamo Grl.... you all know her...... jeez

But I agree, a swingset would be AWESOME

Yeah DiamoGirl is my other half :) and there's already someone with the username swingset, I could change my avatar to Austin Powers :D