revolver recomendations

oldschoolsdime92

Colt makes some of the finest revolvers out there...don't think you can beat a Python if ya want to pay for it. A friend of mine has a Ruger GP100, I've shot it a few times and it is very nice and extremely accurate. I really love my little Taurus 85 .38sp. For a snubbie, you can't beat it for the price. I'd put it up against a S&W anyday.

Yeah, like that one.

I'm not buying his description though. Looks like holster wear on the front of the frame, as well as the cylinder. Hard to tell from the photos though. I'm really not sure whats going on at the end of that barrel though.

Yeah, like that one.

I'm not buying his description though. Looks like holster wear on the front of the frame, as well as the cylinder. Hard to tell from the photos though. I'm really not sure whats going on at the end of that barrel though.

Looks like the piece wasn't taken care of very well. Shot and not cleaned for a long time? :dunno:

For CCW, light is where it's at. The lighter the rig is, the more likely you will wear it.

For CCW, stainless steel is where it's at. Resistant to the abuse of carry.

Hammerless is a personal option. The hammer can snag and stop your draw.

Consider a 5 shot revolver, for even smaller and lighter.

Recoil is huge on magnum snubbies, enough to miss the target. Try it first and see.

All brands mentioned are good to excellent. Can't go wrong on most.

I prefer Colts and S&W, but Taurus and Ruger are respectable.

Maybe not the earlier model Taurus, but the late model are fine.

Conversely, many people prefer the older Colts, over the newer Colts.

Gallery of Guns - Gun Genie (search engine)

Personally, I think the Taurus 5 shot 9mm snubbie is interesting.

Or that somebody else would currently make one.

Perhaps it wasn't reliable. In that case, 38sp(+P) will always be reliable.

And I would violate all of my rules for this one:

S&W Model 325 Night Guard 45ACP - MSRP: $1,153.00

163421.jpg

Edited by ReconRat
typo

i had a taurus titanium snubby that weighed 19 oz and was chambered for .45 long colt. if you didnt hit the person you were shooting at it would at least scare them to death

Same here, with a Charter Arms Bulldog 44special. Seeing the size of the bore diameter makes most people change their minds suddenly.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the new ruger LCR. I've fired one of these, it has a great grip, super lightweight and good size for concealment.

Impressive. Very nice look for a shrouded hammer frame. And nice blacked out finish on the aluminum frame.

Edited by ReconRat
oops