Worlds most expensive redneck Camaro?

max power

Litigious former car owners threaten to sue greasy pizza man over necked out hot rod.

Damn, I shoulda been a journalist.

http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/article.php?id=15694

Family threatens lawsuit over Papa John's Camaro

Schnatter_camaro.jpg

02 Sep 2009A Northeastern Kentucky family is threatening to sue Papa John's over a dispute tied to the company's recent promotion, according to a story on MNSBC.

The promotion, "Papa John's Road Trip," asked people around the country to help locate John Schnatter's 1971 Z-28 Camaro, the car he sold in the 1980s in part to help buy pizza-making equipment. Jeff Robinson of Flatwoods, Ky., the car's most recent owner, claimed the $250,000 prize.

The Slone family had sold the Camaro to its current owner and contacted Papa John's with information about the current owner, believing that qualified them for the reward. Billie Slone said advertisements promised the money to whomever could "reveal the car's whereabouts."

According to MSNBC:

Papa John's vice president of corporate communications said the Slones don't qualify for the reward because the contest rules clearly state the winner had to transfer the title to the company.

"They sold the car nine years before the contest came out, so there was no way they could qualify to be the winner," said Chris Sternberg.

Sternberg said the company has offered to pay the Slones $25,000 for helping locate the car, but the family
said it would sue Papa John's if the company doesn't give her family the $250,000 prize money.

Ok, reality is.... the Slone family probably already spent the $250,000 they didn't have yet. And are screwed if they don't get it. So sad...

And the whole deal is kinda stupid. It's not hard to trace a car. dunno...

Unless they fall short in a certain area. Like the engine department....and i heard, or read some where this one's only running a 6. :eek:

It sure LOOKS the part though! Which I'm betting is what the primary intention was for it, marketing.

I'd have a large displacement small block in there, with EFI!!!!