Car pron, Top Gear Style

RSVDon

HSV series holdens are sick.

actually the Ford Falcon down there has a pretty sick model as well. one of the things i loved about being in sydney was seeing these awesome V8 UTEs, and Sport sedans all over the place. (with the ocasional m3, GTR, and supra)

G8 GXPs are sick

Fixed. :D

Not quite a straight up G8 though, the HSVs get adjustable suspensions, poly bushings, that Walkinshaw blower, 6 piston front brakes clamping 14" rotors. All kinds of nice stuff you can't get on a factory G8. Doesn't mean you can't mod the shit out of it to match though.

If I owned a white G8, it would be getting that offset stripe, wing, and Holden front/rear fascias immediately.

G8 Gts are sick

you know what makes me mad about G8s? I'm going to tell you 'cause it's the internet and I can:

you can ONLY get a manual on the GXP, but they have manuals in Australia in all the cars that share the chasis.

I really like the G8, but dont want the (what was) the 40K version. a G8 GT manual would have been perfect.

Wonder what it costs to import one....

Legally? Lots and lots and lots of $$$$$$

You're better off buying the base American version of the car (Holden Monaro = Pontiac GTO, Holden Commodore VXR8 = G8 GXP) and then getting the specific Holden parts imported over here. You can buy the brake kits, hoods, wheels, engine mods, etc as long as you have the cash.

Legally? Lots and lots and lots of $$$$$$

You're better off buying the base American version of the car (Holden Monaro = Pontiac GTO, Holden Commodore VXR8 = G8 GXP) and then getting the specific Holden parts imported over here. You can buy the brake kits, hoods, wheels, engine mods, etc as long as you have the cash.

what he said - since it's not an american production model (and right hand drive) you'd have to get it crash tested for insurance purposes.

i've seen a couple monaro front ends on GTO's and i like them. much more aggressive.