Cold weather gear?

Strictly Street

I tried a neoprene mask last here while still in OH-IO... I didn't like it. Made my face sweat was a pain to put on and take off. Balaclava rocks, the silk ones are the best. last year for me it was the balaclava BMW ProWinter2 gloves, wool socks, Fieldsheer over pants, sweatshirt under the insulated riding jacket, and heated hand grips. If I would have stayed another season I would have upgraded to heated gloves and vest.

Edited by AOW

I ride all winter. I have Tourmaster Synergy heated gear, so all it requires really is a light layer underneath, I use Champion underarmor knockoff cold base layer, then the heated liner, then my regular textile 3/4 jacket over it. I'm good down to 10-20 degrees that way. Gloves I use Warm & Safe gel gloves, heated grips and if it gets REALLY cold I'll put handlebar muffs on. Boots I have a pair of 1600gram thinsulate hunting boots I use in the winter. I have a fleece windproof balaclava for my noodle, and with all that I can be really comfy in the cold, enough to ride several hundred miles.

If I'm riding the dirt bike, I use a couple layers of polartec fleece instead of the heated gear, but otherwise the same.

Studded tires ok then, thats a different story.. People that ride when its icy on regular tires are idiots, plain and simple.

No studs on my tires....just skill oozing from every pore and a badass can-do attitude, with good looks that the ladies fine irresistible.

:p