Major Earthquake in Haiti (7.0)

ReconRat

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting help to those people is going to make Katrina look like a cakewalk, plus with the state of conditions there I'm guessing a lot of people are going to die in the next few weeks from complications stemming from almost no medical care, stuff like infections, gangrene and cholera.

Like Psycho said..the death toll is going to climb considerably starting tonight. My heart just drops when I look at the pictures of what happened. I'm proud of the fact that this administration, like others in the past, did not hesitate to start providing relief. Unfortunately, many people will die before it even gets there. Not to mention the scams that will turn up.

I don't see any rebuilding of this country anytime soon...or not so soon. Someone (guess who) will have to go in there and build it all from the ground up. Not to mention the loss of life. I read somewhere that it was estimated that a third of the country needs some sort of aid. That's 3 million people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't get me started on that jackass Pat Robertson.

http://dscriber.com/home/1008-pat-robertson-haiti-in-league-with-the-devil.html

I'm proud of the fact that this administration, like others in the past, did not hesitate to start providing relief.

It was George Bush's fault!!! come on buddy gimme a break, get over it, he's not in office anymore and yes his administration made sure there was quite a big contribution and timely at that for the tsunami that was also devastating...

http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia/tsunami/

I don't want this to turn into a katrina debate... but people don't see earthquakes coming, even tsunami you get maybe a couple minute warning? The hurricane tho'... they had all f'ing week to leave town.

Anyhow, I too am sad to see the devastation that is going on in haiti... maybe while our marines are down there they can overthrow the corrupt government and rebuild that country in more ways than one.

It was George Bush's fault!!! come on buddy gimme a break, get over it, he's not in office anymore and yes his administration made sure there was quite a big contribution and timely at that for the tsunami that was also devastating...

http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia/tsunami/

I don't want this to turn into a katrina debate... but people don't see earthquakes coming, even tsunami you get maybe a couple minute warning? The hurricane tho'... they had all f'ing week to leave town.

Anyhow, I too am sad to see the devastation that is going on in haiti... maybe while our marines are down there they can overthrow the corrupt government and rebuild that country in more ways than one.

First, get my cock out of your mouth.

Second, READ WHAT I TYPED. I said THIS ADMINISTRATION..LIKE OTHERS IN THE PAST..DID NOT HESITATE!!!!!!

I didn't say THIS ADMINISTRATION, UNLIKE OTHERS IN THE PAST.

I purposely went out of my way to make it known that generally, the US is first to step up when a crisis like this comes about.

I wasn't even thinking of Katrina..nor did I mention it. Katrina was a fuck up that has nothing to do with Haiti...with a lot of blame to be placed on a lot of people, on both sides of the aisle.

Edited by InyaAzz

Perhaps it will be announced that one or our humanitarian hospital ships will go there, if one can get away from whatever it's doing now. Or even one of the Marines assault ships, they are nearly as well equipped as a hospital ship. Maybe better in some ways.

Humanitarian aid? Yes, this country, regardless of administration, unlike any other, gives about 4 times more per capita than any other country in the world. Promises are made, but only the USA keeps its word.

We also kick ass the same way...

Perhaps it will be announced that one or our humanitarian hospital ships will go there, if one can get away from whatever it's doing now. Or even one of the Marines assault ships, they are nearly as well equipped as a hospital ship. Maybe better in some ways.

They are already on their way ...or leaving shortly I believe.

they need to start enforcing some kind of building code down there. i dont think very many of the buildings were built with reinforced concrete.....i didnt see any rebar. it makes me wonder how many lives could have been saved if the major buildings at least had been built with reinforced concrete.....very sad situation

Pat Robertson is such a fucking dick. I hate that guy and' date=' if there's a Hell, am certain he'll be round house kicked in the face by Jesus and sent straight there when he dies. What a cocksucker! :nono:

The Devil said, "Ok. It's a deal." :lol: What an asshole.[/quote']

He's a dick and the more I think about it the more I get pissed. He's a fucking worthless piece of shit and so is anyone that supports him.

This is a huge response by the USA.

USAF airport recovery teams.

USN Carl Vinson aircraft carrier will handle helicopters and supplies.

USNS Comfort hospital ship preparing to go on call.

One US Marine amphibious ship (equal to hospital ship, 2000 Marines).

3500 US Army 82nd Airborne Division.

First U.S. military aid reaches quake-stricken Haiti

CNN.com

One of two planes carrying a 30-person assessment team arrived at Port-au-Prince airport about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. The team will assess what Haiti needs to cope with the immediate aftermath of the disaster.

Fraser also has ordered the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson to steam toward Haiti. The ship was at sea near Virginia when the quake hit and as it sails south, it will stop at Mayport, Florida, Naval Station to pick up supplies.

The U.S. Navy also activated the hospital ship USNS Comfort, based in Baltimore, Maryland, on Wednesday. While the Southern Command has not officially asked for the ship, the Navy activated it proactively expecting it will be requested.

Southern Command has ordered a unit of about 2,000 Marines to head to Haiti. The Marines will deploy aboard a large deck amphibious ship, which would give the military more helicopters to work with in Haiti. It also has a large medical facility that could help with treating the injured. It's medical facilities are comparable to the facilities aboard the Comfort, and it is possible only one of the two ships would be sent.

The Army said a brigade of roughly 3,500 members of the 82nd Airborne Division is on notice that they may soon be sent to Haiti.

Edited by ReconRat

Pat Robertson is such a fucking dick. I hate that guy and' date=' if there's a Hell, am certain he'll be round house kicked in the face by Jesus and sent straight there when he dies. What a cocksucker! :nono:

The Devil said, "Ok. It's a deal." :lol: What an asshole.[/quote']

Right!! Because we all know the Devil talks with a negro dialect, and would never say "OK. It's a deal"

:cool:

Humanitarian aid? Yes, this country, regardless of administration, unlike any other, gives about 4 times more per capita than any other country in the world. Promises are made, but only the USA keeps its word.

We also kick ass the same way...

We're awesome! Hint: Google & Per capita humanitarian aid.

We're awesome! Hint: Google & Per capita humanitarian aid.

I googled. When humanitarian aid is measured by the recipients satisfaction instead of the aid quantities sent, America ranks way low on the scale. Apparently most aid recipient countries just want cash, not ... errr.... aid.

...The index weighs 57 indicators, 25 from hard data and 32 from a survey among several hundred field workers (asking, for example, whether donors collaborate well with non-profits and businesses)...
...that figure doesn't include the cost of military deployments or the dispatching of U.S. CDC personnel to the region.
The usual U.S. contribution during major disasters is 25 to 33 percent of total international aid
What the UN official actually said was that rich countries including the US are stingy with aid money. Whether out of anti-UN malice, or simply demented America-centrism, this has been widely reported as the claim that the United States is stingy which has pissed people off. But no one said that.

Humanitarian aid that countries promise to the UN, is typically reduced to 25% of the total promised. The USA tends to contribute all that was promised. The UN would still not be happy, because the USA still won't pay their portion of the UN charter. Mostly because the USA is not paid by the UN for UN enforcement using American military forces. This scenario will probably never change.

AT&T, FTL - charges customers for donation texts when other carriers waive it.

Mobile giving to help Haiti exceeds $1 million

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34850532/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/

Standard text-messaging rates "may apply" in AT&T's case, the company said yesterday. Verizon Wireless said customers donating to the Red Cross will not be charged "for those texts... It's a way we support non-profits who are tipping their toes into the mobile giving water," said Nelson.

Amanda Ginther, T-Mobile spokeswoman, said the text messages "will not draw down on a messaging plan, and customers without a messaging plan, will not be charged for the text."