I officially hate winter

NightRider

looks like it hit the meaty part ....i'm sure it hurt

2 yrs ago I sliced my left wrist open on a peice of cold air return panning (sheet metal)

hit the bone ... 4 stiches out 1 inside . looked like I attemted sucide

Since I can be an idiot, I once pushed a door jam striker through a finger. It shredded the skin down to the muscle. About an inch square. Nothing left to stitch. I ran cold water on it and let it bleed to clean it, till I tried to pass out. Took a little while. I pushed it all back in the right places, like a jigsaw puzzle. Coated it in anti-biotic, covered with gauze and wrap and tape and then splinted it with another finger, the most important part. It healed near perfect, but it looked really nasty for a long while.

awww, I just realized that was the same finger I bashed the knuckle. Poor finger gets all the crap.

Edited by ReconRat

I got a pretty nasty, deep gash out of my wrist a few years ago trying to get a battery cable to come out from through the floorpan on a corvette, got my wrist into a screw that was through the opening. It hurt like hell, but I kept working after covering it.

No. I agree. In the pictures, it doesn't look that bad. lol. In person, you could see the tiny bits of skin...where it had been ripped, etc. One of the nurses told me, some kid had almost sliced his thumb off...trying to open a can with a knife. Niiice.:D

Dude that sucks, but since we are all trying to one up you I got a story. Lol... When I was a kid I slipped and fell on a Christmas bulb. Sliced my hand open real nice. Never went to hospital. And then later I was sitting on a sandbox and leaned back to put my hand on a nail! Yeah, the nail went in the palm of the hand. No fun.. Hope ya feel better dude.