Lunch Friday, 22 January, Jed's BBQ & Brew - Crosswoods

jblosser

After the last Central-area lunch in Grandview, some folks wanted something on the North end, so if anyone's interested...

Friday, 22 January

12 noon img-thing%3F.out%3Djpg%26size%3Dl%26tid%3D3075422

Jed's BBQ & Brew @ Crosswoods

MAP (click)

Lunch menu (click)

Tentative Attendees:

JBlosser

OsuMj

Cheech

CMooseGo

Hue Jass

Rick37 - mebbe

SWing'R - mebbe

Edited by jblosser
attendee list update

If you've never been to Jeds before, you're in for a treat. You have to get their Fireballs. They have tons of sauces for them. Absolutely amazing. They started up in BG. Great eats. I heard the other day they opened one in Columbus and I can't wait to get up there. Unfortunately, its too far for a lunch break.

For jed's to claim themselfs as a bbq place but only serve a pulled pork sanwich is false advertising. No brisket , ribs or any other goodies. Ill pass

ah, I love a proper BBQ snob :) The man's got a point though, pulled pork only does not BBQ make.

Something that mystifies me still, I went to a place called Bubba's on the outskirts of Shanghai and had some of the best BBQ of my LIFE. This dude was straight from TX, the sauces were excellent and all done in-house, the meat was falling off and smoked right there, excellent stuff. We were watching the Montana/Villanova game that someone DVR'ed. I was told that if I even attempt to look up the score and blab it out I would be booted out with the quickness. Fun times.

/cool story, bro!

ah, I love a proper BBQ snob :) The man's got a point though, pulled pork only does not BBQ make.

Something that mystifies me still, I went to a place called Bubba's on the outskirts of Shanghai and had some of the best BBQ of my LIFE. This dude was straight from TX, the sauces were excellent and all done in-house, the cat meat was falling off and smoked right there, excellent stuff. We were watching the Montana/Villanova game that someone DVR'ed. I was told that if I even attempt to look up the score and blab it out I would be booted out with the quickness. Fun times.

/cool story, bro!

detail added.:D

detail added.:D

Funny guy. :) No, this was bonafide chicken, pretty decent chicken compared to some of the other stuff I'd eaten there. However, you would be hard-pressed to tell dog meat apart from dark-meat chicken, but that's a story for another time...

Theres a sliiiiiiimmmmm chance I may be able to make this. I didn't pack a lunch today and may be able to make it, will give it my best shot.

BTW, when did BW3 close up and get replaced by this place? Was just by there the other day and thought it was strange that bw's was gone.

Theres a sliiiiiiimmmmm chance I may be able to make this. I didn't pack a lunch today and may be able to make it' date=' will give it my best shot.

BTW, [b']when did BW3 close up and get replaced by this place? Was just by there the other day and thought it was strange that bw's was gone.

About 3 months ago, give or take.

There is a B-Dubs on Polaris and one at the Graceland Shopping center, both seem to be doing a good-to-great business every time I go by. There will be at least 2 people at the Polaris one 6-ish tonight - Jr. suggested we go there. :)

Hope to see you at lunch today!

Depends on if I can get away from work. We had someone walk out on us so Ive actually been working lately :D

Yea, um... due to the above mentioned reason, I will not be attending today. Sorry guys. Im actually doing a new diet plan right now any way so this wouldnt of worked out too well. :D Have fun peeeps!