Woman, 24, kills herself at gun range, deputies say

jagr

Back on topic a bit, from the video, it looks like the "shooting stalls" are very close together. Almost like a golf driving range. Is that the usual layout for a range? I would be concern abit for my own safety too being that close to another shooter.

Oh okay. Well the original article says "Watch that video, and (it's clear) she's doing it on purpose," Sgt. Bill Duffer said of surveillance camera footage from the range."

That's why I got confused. But really, you only need a couple of feet for a paper target. Your line of fire is directly in front of you so you don't need much to either side. I have been to a few ranges in the army that were so tight you were practically laying on the guy next to you and getting his hot brass in your shirt collar. That makes you shoot well. :p

I am sure I would be able to adjust, but i think even with ear protection, the other shooters firing might break my focus. I am not sure since I have not been to a range before. Kinda like other loud noises in the shop,makes you jump when you are not expecting it.

I am sure I would be able to adjust, but i think even with ear protection, the other shooters firing might break my focus. I am not sure since I have not been to a range before. Kinda like other loud noises in the shop,makes you jump when you are not expecting it.

But that is a good thing, having other noises to distract you. If you were CC'ing and had to draw on a bad guy, if a car wrecks beside you, you don't want to be jumpy and shoot an innocent person. Yeah, I might be reaching a little, but you get my point.

So when we going to the range Scottb? Stonewall is laid out the same as the one in the video. Riverside has bulletproof glass that seperates the stalls.

Probably this coming weekend? I wont have time during the week, due to work, but Sat or Sun should be good. I'll have to pick up some non home defense ammo too. If you are comfortable with it, would I be able shoot a few rounds from any of your handguns?

Well, I never really used to be too scared of a gun range, but now i guess I will be. That's very disturbing.

We went to Blackwing to shoot on Saturday morning and they were PACKED!. We got there 10 min after they opened and the line was already out the door, with a 3 hr wait to get in the range. Needless to say, we didn't get to shoot.

Damn!! 3 hours?!?! I love living in the sticks. :)

Yeah, some day I will too. My bro-in-law and sister have some land in Ashland and we usually do some shooting there. It's just cold right now and he wanted to fire his new toy. I just want to spend some time and become more comfortable with firearms so that it will be second nature if I ever need to use one.