this will make spotting squids extremely easy (icons new helmet)

natedogg624

You, my friend have WWAAAAAYYYYYYY to much faith in your fellow man. Not only do I believe it. I believe there are others who think it's cool. :wtf:

Agreed. I've got friends who probably think that helmet is the shit. Meanwhile I'm thinking that no self-respecting rider is going to wear that goofy piece of junk.

Hell I think the graphics on my Shoei are way too loud, but beggars can't be choosers and I couldn't pass up the deal on it.

You, my friend have WWAAAAAYYYYYYY to much faith in your fellow man. Not only do I believe it. I believe there are others who think it's cool. :wtf:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm just as much if not more of a cynical asshole than the next guy, but I really can't wrap my head around someone taking a motocross visor and super-gluing it to their street helmet on purpose.

+2 on the murdered out look! I'm not a fan Icon's lids. Correct me if I'm wrong but arent they made by HJC? Or at least the shell construction is?

Not to my knowledge. I know Joe Rocket helmets definitely are.

In independent tests the Icons always got good ratings for protection. Mine's also real quiet. I like loud graphics :D

http://www.pro1powersports.com/products/Icon_Death_From_Above_Motorcycle_Helmet-4866-183.html

However the helmet in the OP is . . . indefensible

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm just as much if not more of a cynical asshole than the next guy, but I really can't wrap my head around someone taking a motocross visor and super-gluing it to their street helmet on purpose.

not much harder to believe than people replacing bar ends and windscreen screws with 1 inch spikes, or adding a 3rd wheel to a busa (yes this is real, and people obviously think its cool, because its in super streetbike)

0507_09_z+2003_suzuki_hayabusa+front_side.jpg

not much harder to believe than people replacing bar ends and windscreen screws with 1 inch spikes, or adding a 3rd wheel to a busa (yes this is real, and people obviously think its cool, because its in super streetbike)

0507_09_z+2003_suzuki_hayabusa+front_side.jpg

tandem wheel 'busas are becoming increasingly more common...

but my favorite for stupid looking 'busa is this one

srsly.jpg

not to say 'busas are the only ones geting stupid looking customization, but it does seem to be the favorite.

I will never forget stopping for gas at the Speedway next to Iron Pony with gsxr750girl and ross, some random guy was asking us about our bikes. Couple real general "I love me some sportbikes, dawg" statements, then the gem "y'all ever get into them 'busa's? I want to buy a bike and want to get me one of them..." Nevermind this dude was pushing 300 pounds, backwards hat with skull cap, the whole bit.

I thought I was going to piss myself laughing.

I will never forget stopping for gas at the Speedway next to Iron Pony with gsxr750girl and ross, some random guy was asking us about our bikes. Couple real general "I love me some sportbikes, dawg" statements, then the gem "y'all ever get into them 'busa's? I want to buy a bike and want to get me one of them..." Nevermind this dude was pushing 300 pounds, backwards hat with skull cap, the whole bit.

I thought I was going to piss myself laughing.

something wrong with a 300+ lb person with a hat turned backwards n a skull cap riding a busa there Chachi? Hell I can even throw in a Eagle HD tat if it makes ya feel better..

Gear is gear.. I like Icons jackets and some of their helmets are cool like the mechanica. I would never rock the helmet with spoilers but Id much rather ride with someone with a helmet then someone with out one.

The designs are pretty cool.....helmets are a bit heavy and the whistle....so now it looks like they are going to take flight....

:lol: