Groveport Police with an R1?

DTM Brian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obetz has a GSXR and its a 600 or 750

GSXR 750. Bike is custom painted and the lights, if memory serves, aren't terribly obvious. The mayor was a regular on katriders.com, he posted up some pics of it a few years ago.

I believe they CAN choose to, but if they cause an accident the city will be liable legally... but then again cops can do whatever they want right?

What's the point in having an R1 over a Harley then? I'm sure they would keep their distance but I doubt he would give up on chasing another sportsbike or just a car for that matter.

could a crash resulting in officer sliding on handgun/ammo cause them to discharge?
Shouldnt. but ya never know what happens in a crash.

No different then them riding Harleys.

Near as I can figure, the entire weapon and cartridges would have to reach a temperature around 300F before any of the cartridges would fire. The grips and plastic pieces would be smokin' long before that.

Here's temperatures for "cartridges in a fire" that I found; .22 long rifle cartridges detonate at an average of 275F, .38 Special at 290F and 12 gauge shotgun shells at 387F. Obviously cartridges will go off in a sustained fire.

Mostly cartridge cases rupture, without firing a bullet. The brass becomes the new projectile. Within a barrel or cylinder, the round will fire, or shear when it hits something blocking it's way.

Primers can be forced out with enough force to be projectiles, but more often fail to even ignite when a cartridge case ruptures from heat.

All this talk about chase... Don't they need to know how to RIDE a sportbike before they consider chasing? I've never seen them at any of our track days or schools...

They should and I offer that if they want to learn, I can talk with Monte and get a deal for them. But, if I was a street rider and knew what I think a few of you guys who have been to the track know, I'd tuck and see what happened...

Of course, that Motorola still works pretty damn good... Hence, the reason I don't ride street.

Most modern guns have drop/shock protection, the way they are built the only way to fire is to pull the trigger (and on a lot, have your palm on the backstrap).

There are stories of people with 1911 on Condition 0 being smashed in an accident... hammer bent all the way over just mangled... and no discharge...