Convertibars

Monstrosity

holy huge price tag

Yeah I know but I'm in a weird situation right now. Long story short: I've been seeing a sports med dr for a little while now. (For what started out as Tendonitice and has formed into Tendonothopy) However ya spell that. Anyways I've been going to therapy to repair it and the doc isint happy with the results and recomended to either stop ridding or change the angle at which I ride. Rather not sell the bike or stop ridding.

Doh! I was about to say I'd have a set to sell you for less than that price but the 636 uses 50mm OD forks and the Ape uses 53mm OD forks.

They were on the Aprilia when I bought it. These things pretty much have unlimited adjustability and they are very nice, sturdy pieces of hardware. I never knew how much those damn things were! They've been sitting in a box since I switched back to stock clip-ons. They were very good at staying in place too, never had an issue with them moving or anything. My only problem was that they were untested on an Aprilia and the previous owner just "made them work" so they came very close to touching the tank/upper fairing. But that's my model specific issue only. If you want to fit the bill, they are definitely a quality piece.

Edited by RSVDon

i have them....i like them

I know yours was a different app, but did you have to make any modifications to the bike?

I have helibars on my triumph and love them.

http://helibars.com/

My buddy has a gixxer K with those on it and they are very nice! Helibar dosent offer a settup for my bike.

Doh! I was about to say I'd have a set to sell you for less than that price but the 636 uses 50mm OD forks and the Ape uses 53mm OD forks.

They were on the Aprilia when I bought it. These things pretty much have unlimited adjustability and they are very nice, sturdy pieces of hardware. I never knew how much those damn things were! They've been sitting in a box since I switched back to stock clip-ons.

Yeah I about fainted when I saw the price... If you have those throw em up on ebay or the forum this spring. I'm sure someone would show interest.

I'll wait for my taxes before I order a set unless I find something cheap enough now.

I know yours was a different app, but did you have to make any modifications to the bike?

My buddy has a gixxer K with those on it and they are very nice! Helibar dosent offer a settup for my bike.

i needed longer cables to take full advantage of the adjustability, also you might have some clearance issues with your fairing but thats about it

I guess its that or a coin toss on an F4I or busa. I'll have to think hard about this one.

Sell it and buy one of these two. They're like a sporty couch without being ghey looking like those 'busas. :D

20657_0_1_2_tuono%201000%20r_Image%20credits%20-%20Aprilia.jpg

2008-Yamaha-FZ1d.jpg

But seriously, those convertibars are very nice if you do end up trying them. I was thinking about it and the other problem I had was the lack of length on the throttle, brake, clutch wires. Lifting the clip-ons that high definitely stretched the lines out when at full-lock.

Sell it and buy one of these two. They're like a sporty couch without being ghey looking like those 'busas. :D

20657_0_1_2_tuono%201000%20r_Image%20credits%20-%20Aprilia.jpg

2008-Yamaha-FZ1d.jpg

But seriously, those convertibars are very nice if you do end up trying them. I was thinking about it and the other problem I had was the lack of length on the throttle, brake, clutch wires. Lifting the clip-ons that high definitely stretched the lines out when at full-lock.

Not bad but I've always loved Honda and the Busa has always apealed to me (not for the fact of its speed and size). Lusted for it ever since highschool when it first came out. I did have a Triumph S3 for a bit and loved the ridding position of it.

Not bad but I've always loved Honda and the Busa has always apealed to me (not for the fact of its speed and size). Lusted for it ever since highschool when it first came out. I did have a Triumph S3 for a bit and loved the ridding position of it.

I do miss my ol' CBR sometimes. Honda makes great stuff.