wanna F4i or 600rr

jonan

ive been looking and dreaming with my college graduation coming up(9yrs later... :D) i want to get the bike ive always wanted, a F4i

and i really like what i hear about the F4i, like what Tpoppa had to say.

The riding position on the 2004+ F4i is similiar to a VFR, but with fully adjustable suspension and none of the extra bulk.

i really want another sport bike, but i want it to be more comfortable than the 98gsxr600 i had, i really regretted selling her but i had no choice... i bought her with school monies then summer was over and it was time for school again...

anyway honda no longer makes F4i (01-06), they only make VFR, 600rr and 1000rr

how do the F4i and the 600rr compare comfort wise? is the suspension fully adjustable?? i probably wont be buying new but just in case id like some input plz

thanks,

john

f4i is going to be more comfortable as the 600rr is going to be a more aggressive position. However the RR is going to have better suspension and brakes. How much are you looking to spend?

i figured this was the case.... well i dont have a car payment any more, i'll probably sell one of my shadows if not both, so prolly loookin to spend 4-6k. and i will probably try and find an 06F4i but any year will do.

i really like the one Tpoppa has for sale right now, but im still in school with little to no income (too many credit hrs) ive thought about selling my car to buy it but then id be screwed. akron winters are mean...

i figured this was the case.... well i dont have a car payment any more, i'll probably sell one of my shadows if not both, so prolly loookin to spend 4-6k. and i will probably try and find an 06F4i but any year will do.

i really like the one Tpoppa has for sale right now, but im still in school with little to no income (too many credit hrs) ive thought about selling my car to buy it but then id be screwed. akron winters are mean...

for 6 you could get just about anything... Id stay around the 4000 range...should be able to get one of those for a great price... Both are great bikes!

Comparing '05s, the RR is about 10 lbs lighter and has 5-6 more hp. The F4i ('04-06) has ergos similar to a VFR800, the RR has a more committed riding position.

IMO, the F4i is a better street bike & the RR is better on the track. Both are reliable and capable. Same year, same miles, the RR would probably cost you a bit more. Some insurance companies will charge you more for the RR, but you could shop around.

I doubt you would be unhappy with either.

Comparing '05s, the RR is about 10 lbs lighter and has 5-6 more hp. The F4i ('04-06) has ergos similar to a VFR800, the RR has a more committed riding position.

IMO, the F4i is a better street bike & the RR is better on the track. Both are reliable and capable. Same year, same miles, the RR would probably cost you a bit more. Some insurance companies will charge you more for the RR, but you could shop around.

I doubt you would be unhappy with either.

Completely agree. And from my experience, the insurance on my RR with any company over the F4i was anywhere from 40-60% more for full coverage.

I wish I would've went with an F4i when I'm on longer rides but like said, you really won't be disappointed in either

hmmm, now I'm wondering if I should trade the RR for an F4i. I love the monoseat and really hate the couch, but the riding position isn't really conducive to long distance rides.

tpoppa, how's about a trade then? :)

Buy Tpappa's F4i. It's in awesome condition, and a much better street bike than the RR.

The only 'weakness' the F4i has compared to the RR is its lack of inverted forks (which the RR didn't get until 2005 anyway).

Unless you're spending more than 51% of your time on a racetrack, the F4i is a better choice. That's not to say the F4i is a slouch at trackdays or even in races. IIRC, there was a guy with a 2001 F4i who finished on the podium more than once, ahead of brand new 2005 models...

If i could only own 1 bike for the rest of my life, the F4i would be on my short list. My RR is only good at one thing, and probably wouldn't make the cut.

I know Honda of Troy, OH had a brand new F4i up to end of last season. it was blue with black. I can't remember how much they were asking, but it may be a good deal if they still have it.

looks like they still have it:

http://www.hondapowersportsoftroy.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=03957483X1K20K2010J8I35I58JPMQ1884R0&veh=23727&pov=1441500