Too good to not be stolen?

jblosser

Saw this on Columbus Craigslist just now. Not looking for one, but the price seems to good to be true, i.e. it's stolen.

KBB retail value says $2205

Thoughts?

=====================

2005 KTM 125sx - $750 (Logan, Ohio)

Date: 2010-01-21, 8:50PM EST

Reply to: sale-jbtw6-1564386684@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a 2005 KTM 125sx for sale. Runs good. I have bought a bigger bike and need to get rid of this one. Questions call (740)380-1234 or (740)583-0065. Ask for Jason or Brant

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1564386684

3na3kc3l05O45Tc5Rfa1ld75b56acc11717f6.jpg3n43k73o65O45Td5P2a1le0911b90c6221c9b.jpg

Edited by jblosser
added kbb retail value linkage

Kbb doesnt mean anything anymore, bikes arent selling for good money right now

I was just using that as a rough guide - not being in the market for a 125 smoker MX bike I had no clue as to what it should cost.

I guess I'll go with the "rode hard, put away wet, beaten on, needs rebuilt" theory. I'm just leery of Craigslist in general.

Craigs is no worse than your local paper. Just pay attention, do your research and dont be a dumbass and you will be ok.

As for KBB, there is a big difference between KBB retail and private party. It is also the worst time of year to sell a bike and as others have said, its a 2smoke that probably needs rebuilt. Id say its a good deal if you can do the work.

since you are all from columbus, maybe you can help me out. I have $1500 to spend. i want a decent bike (prefer 00 R6) but thats my dream. any help would be great. i get weary about craigslist. be great if ya'll could help

Your name line say's you've already got a 00 R6 ??