Brock's radial mount lowering strap kit

Casper

• 4 weeks later...
I know they do this for drag racing and stuff.

Do people use this on the street, do you just ride around with your forks and shock compressed?

Some do...but not safe...

Most guy that drag race on the street ...have them installed and the strap wrapped...but loose until they are about to race

Some do...but not safe...

Most guy that drag race on the street ...have them installed and the strap wrapped...but loose until they are about to race

I see. I know it helps your launch or something, I'm just not very familiar with the drag racing scene. Seems like it would be better to just set the suspension up to run low rather than use straps but what do I know.

I see. I know it helps your launch or something, I'm just not very familiar with the drag racing scene. Seems like it would be better to just set the suspension up to run low rather than use straps but what do I know.

Helps out SOOOOOO Much...its crazy

I'm not judging, nor do I care what you do on the street or track. Just curious. I can see how it would help though.

do pros use straps or shorter springs and a "tuned" suspension? Just curious.

I find it interesting too, I never even heard of this practice until "recently"... I'd think the pros go with a rigid front end... but I have NO idea.

Can anyone more physics inclined explain the dynamics of how this all works?

I think I remember this from watching Superbikes when Jason Britten was learning to drag race from that pro guy.

I bet it's what they do in the "street" class but the probably don't do it in the class where the bikes are built for nothing but drag racing.

Again. more info.

Helps keep you from wheelieing so bad off the launch. Allows a lil less clutching therefore a lil better start

But how does compressing the front end prevent you from wheeling? Or is it the fact your front end is now lower than it was before?

In which case it would stand to reason the lower your front end is the better you're going to perform off the launch? Is that accurate?

I think I remember this from watching Superbikes when Jason Britten was learning to drag race from that pro guy.

I bet it's what they do in the "street" class but the probably don't do it in the class where the bikes are built for nothing but drag racing.

Again. more info.

again, this will be street/track bike so I wan't to be able to raise it to normal height when not on the track. And I think 1000rr summed it up on how this will help in 1/4 mile