Bicycles

garysol1

I have a few of those bikes as well. My Cannondale "Crash A terium" bike is pretty old school with 6 speed Campagnolo record and sew up wheels & tires. I still have my old Cinelli Super Corsa Pista fixed gear from when I lived in San Diego and use to ride the velodrome in Balboa park.

pcpics039.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...If they spend all that moneys to build a damn bike path why does no one use it?...

Bike paths are for people that like to do "casual" riding. There are to many joggers, walkers, dogs, slow bikes,

etc etc for a seasoned rider to take advantage of them. Bike paths also have a "suggested" speed limit of 15mph,

which is slow once you get in shape and start riding regularly.

As much as some hate to acknowledge it, bicycles have the same right to the road as cars and mc's, you just need to treat them as a slow car,

pass them safely when you get the chance.

You wear the spandex?

Whats wrong with spandex??? :D

ADA2008-07.jpg

(ADA Tour de Cure 2008)

Edited by SWing'R

Whats wrong with spandex??? :D

ADA2008-07.jpg

(ADA Tour de Cure 2008)

Rosso' date=' I love ya buddy, but even you have to admit that that pic is hilarious. Grown men should never wear spandex. It reminds me of this:

[img']http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/toothpaste-2008.jpg

or this:

milli_vanilli.jpg

Sensitive....? No. You humor and entertain me though. Tell me why your so infatuated with calling people gay? I bet when you were young, an uncle touched you there and you liked it. I am right aren't I?

Wow, you really got me there dood. :rolleyes: Go back to playing with your toys.

My issue isnt so much with people riding bicycles on the road (hell, we all did it as kids) its that they are too rude or stupid to know how to SHARE THE ROAD. The majority of the yuppie dipshit riding groups insist on riding 3 or 4 abreast so that cars and bikes have a hard time getting around them. Get smart. Ride single file and spread your groups out so cars and bikes dont have to risk their safety and yours trying to pass. Its common sense that most Lance wannabees dont seem to possess.

Edited by max power

My issue isnt so much with people riding bicycles on the road (hell, we all did it as kids) its that they are too rude or stupid to know how to SHARE THE ROAD. The majority of the yuppie dipshit riding groups insist on riding 3 or 4 abreast so that cars and bikes have a hard time getting around them. Get smart. Ride single file and spread your groups out so cars and bikes dont have to risk their safety and yours trying to pass. Its common sense that most Lance wannabees dont seem to possess.

Max, this is a losing argument on your part. The idea behind riding 3 or 4 abreast is for the safety of the bike rider!

This forces cars that want to pass to pass safely by going all the way out and around, just as they would have to if it was a tractor or slow car.

Riding single file on the side of the road is NOT safe for the cyclist, I can't tell you how many times I've been squeezed OFF the road or hit by mirrors and I don't ride that much!

You are the one that apparently needs the lesson on "sharing the road" my friend, cause from you comments I can see that you don't understand the concept.

Still love ya though ;), except for the fact that you don't like me in spandex :(

R

Wow, you really got me there dood. :rolleyes: Go back to playing with your toys.

I do not disagree with most of what you just said. Problem is you are putting everyone in one group. You don't know me at all. You have never met me yet you decided to go and throw names at me like a school girl with no provocation. Everything you have posted here is gay this and gay that. Grow up........if you want to have a conversation about this I would be happy to but it seems like all you like to do is troll and piss people off. Ill just ignore you until you can talk like a big boy......

now now children. Lets not get the biker shorts in a bunch. Good points have been made and its clear why everyone gets frustrated. Thanks for the insight on why bikers ride 3 or 4 abreast in the street, I didn't know that was a safety thing. Realistically, its just a couple rotten apples that spoil it for the bunch. ie people throwing shit. I know on one motorcycle ride a biker threw a water bottle at a motorcyclist... so it goes both ways.

Just don't be an asshat out there and we'll all get along like Barney and Friends.

You don't know me at all. You have never met me yet you decided to go and throw names at me like a school girl with no provocation. Everything you have posted here is gay this and gay that. Grow up........if you want to have a conversation about this I would be happy to but it seems like all you like to do is troll and piss people off. Ill just ignore you until you can talk like a big boy......

:lol: You're new here, aren't you?

I do not disagree with most of what you just said. Problem is you are putting everyone in one group. You don't know me at all. You have never met me yet you decided to go and throw names at me like a school girl with no provocation. Everything you have posted here is gay this and gay that. Grow up........if you want to have a conversation about this I would be happy to but it seems like all you like to do is troll and piss people off. Ill just ignore you until you can talk like a big boy......

thisthreadisgay.jpg

I dont troll to piss people off, I troll to piss you off, cuz its easy.

Now go sit in that corner and :cry:. You can come back and play when you have developed a sense of humor.

Until then, bartmoon.gif

generally i try and stay off the roads because of the incompetent assholes driving their cars on it ( ahem, max :)), but i do own a 26" diamondback dirt jumper and a giant xtc cross country rig.

bike2.jpg

put a lot of road miles on it when i was stationed in okinawa, very polite drivers over there that give you plenty of room

bike-1.jpg

:p no offense here pig fucker......

That made me LOL! :lol: Most the guys around here prefer sheep though, so get your barnyard animals straight!

And the newbies always get picked on, if you survive it, you'll be absorbed into the collective! :cool: