Put In Bays First Bike Week June 9 - 13 2010

Rattler

its going to be sweeeeeet!! one of the guys puttin it on was in at the shop last year tellin us about it!! going to be a RIOT!!

only thing is that the cops are VERY VERY VERY strict on the parking laws. so either they ease up a lil during bike week, or shit will go down. b/c there are def more bikers than cops that will be there.

• 2 weeks later...

we did PIB for my friend's bachelor party last summer. Holy shit, it was ridiculous. Like spring break in college, except the average age is 31 instead of 21.

I puked, i rallied, I almost died. there are charges on my card from bars I don't remember being at.

we were there on a pretty 'average' weekend, and waited in line several hours to board the ferry back to the main land on Sunday.

it WILL be a nightmare to get a bike over and back... I don't know why you'd want one there anyway. it's a $3 cab ride (per person) to anywhere on the island, and I spent 36 straight hours in no condition to be riding.

I'd consider riding to the ferry, but I'd walk on and park my bike in the lot for the weekend. Nobody wants to steal an EX500. I'll bring a cable lock fi anyone wants to chain their bike to mine as a weight :p

we did PIB for my friend's bachelor party last summer. Holy shit, it was ridiculous. Like spring break in college, except the average age is 31 instead of 21.

I puked, i rallied, I almost died. there are charges on my card from bars I don't remember being at.

we were there on a pretty 'average' weekend, and waited in line several hours to board the ferry back to the main land on Sunday.

it WILL be a nightmare to get a bike over and back... I don't know why you'd want one there anyway. it's a $3 cab ride (per person) to anywhere on the island, and I spent 36 straight hours in no condition to be riding.

I'd consider riding to the ferry, but I'd walk on and park my bike in the lot for the weekend. Nobody wants to steal an EX500. I'll bring a cable lock fi anyone wants to chain their bike to mine as a weight :p

That's my whole point! There's going to be a log jam with everyone trying to get their bikes in there...a log jam at the bars..and another one on the way back. And a bike night in PIB just oozes alcohol...why even bring the bike? It's not like you're going to have miles in between destinations to ride to. For all the trouble...I don't even think it's worth it...but I'm not a big drinkin' and ridin' kinda guy. YMMV.

Edited by InyaAzz

You know, this is a very good point. I have a real hard time having more than one drink and riding, I can't imagine PIB. Plus, I really don't want to deal with the HD douches that stay at the bar all day and think they can ride home wasted.

That's my whole point! There's going to be a log jam with every trying to get their bikes in there...a log jam at the bars..and another one on the way back. And a bike night in PIB just oozes alcohol...why even bring the bike? It's not like you're going to have miles in between destinations to ride to. For all the trouble...I don't even think it's worth it...but I'm not a big drinkin' and ridin' kinda guy. YMMV.

Exactly. The bike's going to stay in one spot since the bars are so close together. So the only real time your going to have on it is going to and coming from the island.

The police on the island were firm, but fair when i encountered them.

I didn't see anyone have much trouble, because the officers seemed willing to give you one last chance at not being a retard.

as drunky was getting into his golf cart with an open container: "Sir, I think it would be best if you emptied that beer on the ground, and called a cab. Does one of you need the number of the island taxi?"

while we were playing cornhole in the street: "Hey guys - can I ask you to put the boards on the driveway and toss ACROSS the street? the streets here are so narrow that we can't have the boards in the street, or fire trucks can't fit through."

While vomiting in public: "I think it's time for you to head home - are you with someone who can get you there? I can't let you go back into the bar to get them. Can you call them?"

While skinny-dipping at 3:30 AM: (over the patrol car PA system) "folks, we are going to turn off this spotlight for 30 seconds. If you are not dressed and walking towards your rooms, we WILL turn it back on and arrest you naked."

But yeah, the cruiser crowd might still have some trouble if they're insistent.

Exactly. The bike's going to stay in one spot since the bars are so close together. So the only real time your going to have on it is going to and coming from the island.

Yeah...this is gonna be like a roach motel. One way in, one way out. A bunch of drunken bikers, and a bunch of posers making bra bra brap sounds or bouncing off their rev limiters. I'm not against the concept..although it's not my scene...I just don't see an easy way on/off the island nor anywhere to ride to other than back and forth in front of the same bars. If I really wanted to go to this thing, I don't think I'd bring my bike.

So we take are jackets and helmets and just walk around holding hands...:eek:

Yeah...this is gonna be like a roach motel. One way in, one way out. A bunch of drunken bikers, and a bunch of posers making bra bra brap sounds or bouncing off their rev limiters. I'm not against the concept..although it's not my scene...I just don't see an easy way on/off the island nor anywhere to ride to other than back and forth in front of the same bars. If I really wanted to go to this thing, I don't think I'd bring my bike.

The police on the island were firm, but fair when i encountered them.

I didn't see anyone have much trouble, because the officers seemed willing to give you one last chance at not being a retard.

as drunky was getting into his golf cart with an open container: "Sir, I think it would be best if you emptied that beer on the ground, and called a cab. Does one of you need the number of the island taxi?"

while we were playing cornhole in the street: "Hey guys - can I ask you to put the boards on the driveway and toss ACROSS the street? the streets here are so narrow that we can't have the boards in the street, or fire trucks can't fit through."

While vomiting in public: "I think it's time for you to head home - are you with someone who can get you there? I can't let you go back into the bar to get them. Can you call them?"

While skinny-dipping at 3:30 AM: (over the patrol car PA system) "folks, we are going to turn off this spotlight for 30 seconds. If you are not dressed and walking towards your rooms, we WILL turn it back on and arrest you naked."

But yeah, the cruiser crowd might still have some trouble if they're insistent.

:lol:

The problem here is going to be the drunk idiots thinking they can ride...or make an obscene amount of noise.

I hope I'm wrong.

So we take are jackets and helmets and just walk around holding hands...:eek:

Are you asking me out on a date? Because if you are, you need to know that I'm a top, not a bottom...and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with your cock pressed up against my back side while you're riding on my bike.