1993 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L

r6allstar

Need to pay off some bills and get something more commuter friendly so here it is

Nearly stock 93 YJ with 181,xxx miles on the body and around 60,000 on the I6 engine. I have both tops, Bestop sail-cloth soft top which is only a year old and never seen the winter. The hard top is an Iron Horse aftermarket top but has some stress cracks in the fiberglass, still seals tight though. Interior is in OK condition, a few stains but no rips or much wear at all. Lid to the center console is broken.

Has fairly new Mickey Thompson rims but needs tires. Also has 3/4" Lift shackles.

Body has a couple of surface rust spots but nothing bad. Floor boards are solid. Front drivers fender needs replaced along with the bumper.

Rebuilt salvage title... this is why I am unsure of the value.

this is the only picture I have right now. beast loves the mud :)

dsc05541qh1.jpg

dsc05542tn0.jpg

dsc05543lb3.jpg

dsc05544kv4.jpg

dsc05545ze9.jpg

dsc05547qp3.jpg

dsc05548zi6.jpg

dsc05549gc7.jpg

Great for winter

NADA puts it at $4000+ on the low side

Thinking about asking around $3500 for it. What do you think its worth?

I bought a YJ Wrangler a few months ago, but mine is a 90 so it has the 4.2L i6 with a carb. It has about 106k original miles and is completely rust free (including chassis) except for a spot on the front drivers fender the size of a quarter. It's a hard top, 5 speed. Just to give you an idea, I paid 4 grand for it, though it is probably worth a little more ($4500?). The 4.0L Jeeps are worth more in general (fuel injection rocks), but yours seems to need a little bit too. Just sharing info.

jeepangle.jpg

yea this is why I am torn as to how much to ask.. its a little newer than your and has the better engine but needs work...even though it would only cost $200 to replace the fender and the bumper. I figure $3500 is a fair price. plus the I6 will last an eternity. these things are a blast though arent they?! :)

yeah, they sure are .... though I keep mine on the pavement most of the time and leave the off-roading to the ATV's

I would say asking 3500 is a good starting point and see what kind of offers you get, depends on the local market and the extent of the rust issues both on the frame and the body

yeah, they sure are .... though I keep mine on the pavement most of the time and leave the off-roading to the ATV's

I would say asking 3500 is a good starting point and see what kind of offers you get, depends on the local market and the extent of the rust issues both on the frame and the body

Yea I dont do anything crazy with mine, just a few back trails here an there, have been way too busy with bikes and school to do much at all with it for a few years. As far as the rust and stuff I am fine. Everything is just on the surface and there isnt much of it at all. If it sells it sells, if not I will have it for the winter which is always a good thing :)

sweet looking ride man, looks clean for the year. i want the boxy kind, and need the four doors for the kid, are these things reliable/cheap to maintain? good luck selling.

thomez's make mine look bad lol.. as for reliability I personally think it doesnt get much more reliable. Although the year you are looking for, the new four door unlimited version, they went from the 4.0L I6 to a V6 of some sort so I cant really speak for them. I know I have never had any problems with mine mechanically. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...