gives bikers a bad name

JBWalker

Pittsburgh mounted police used to ride their bikes year'round. Of course they had sidecars during the winter months, but still.

This guy doesn't give "bikers" a bad name, no more than when a cager runs off the snow covered road gives cagers a bad name.

This guy doesn't give "bikers" a bad name, no more than when a cager runs off the snow covered road gives cagers a bad name.

I agree....It might have been a Bad Judgement call to ride in those conditions...But it is far from giving any "BIKERS" a bad name IMO.

agreed ^^^ I have met many folks who ride year round and even in the snow ! Most seem to be about that age and are die hard riders !

My neighbor rides year round snow or not !! Fuckin nuts !

Now if i could ride my quad to work ? It would be on !! LOL ;)

It could have been as simple as he got cought out in the snow.

State police said that Petrun will face a number of traffic citations. I dont quite understand what they can charge him with. If someone puts a car in the ditch on a snowy road they don't get charged with it. Ohwell. On with it!

State police said that Petrun will face a number of traffic citations. I dont quite understand what they can charge him with. If someone puts a car in the ditch on a snowy road they don't get charged with it. Ohwell. On with it!

failure to control

reckless driving, failure to control a motor vehicle, and who knows what else...

the police can ticket cagers for the same offenses, but they usually don't if it's bad weather. That's their discretion. (my mom was almost ticketed for putting our car in a ditch during a snow storm. While on site, the responding officer received word that his wife had wrecked in the same storm. He was more sympathetic after that.)

In this case, the cops seem to be taking the "he was asking for it" approach. To be fair, if the guy set out on a motorcycle in bad weather, wrecking it is a rather foreseeable consequence.

If he left in clear weather, and got caught in the snow, that's a different story.

reckless driving, failure to control a motor vehicle, and who knows what else...

the police can ticket cagers for the same offenses, but they usually don't if it's bad weather. That's their discretion. (my mom was almost ticketed for putting our car in a ditch during a snow storm. While on site, the responding officer received word that his wife had wrecked in the same storm. He was more sympathetic after that.)

In this case, the cops seem to be taking the "he was asking for it" approach. To be fair, if the guy set out on a motorcycle in bad weather, wrecking it is a rather foreseeable consequence.

If he left in clear weather, and got caught in the snow, that's a different story.

You never know. I was almost ticketed at age 4 or 5 for opening the passenger door on a bridge in Philadelphia and puking. Apparently there are some laws about that...

For the record, a GoldWing with ABS and/or traction control would be alright in the snow. Them BMWs don't stop for Winter in Germany. You see them riding down the freeway and on snow packed roads. But then again, a GoldWing isn't a BMW...

I've ridden bikes in snow, it doesn't work well. It's best done with a very light bike (like >300 pounds), that you can skate with. By holding it tight in my crotch, when it tries to slip away, I can slide around on three point without falling down. Very strenuous and nerve wracking.

disclaimer: yeah yeah, I know... half the gals and some of the gheys darn near fainted when I said "holding it tight in my crotch"...