Aprilia RSV4 vs BMW S1000RR real world racing

RSVDon

Yep... First qualifying, and I was looking for a BMW in the top 15. Sadly, wasn't to be. Hehe! But you know, I was dead right with Rog Hayden being the only name behind the 4 BMW's....:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like Aprillia is still showing why it is the better of the two...

You can blame setup, you can chime in and say it is still in infancy, etc.

BUT, realize the same holds true of the Aprillia. Max and Corser are two of the best riders in the world. Corser knows how to setup and ride a motorcycle. He will propel the BMW to a win this year, I believe. However, getting another rider of lesser talent and ability to do the same thing is going to be tough...

Keith Code retired his fleet of ZX6Rs and going with BMW.....if he's not convinced enough about the engine management modes....he will not take a 1000 for his track school.......I just saw this video from his website.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-n824N97k&feature=player_embedded

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

I have no reason to bad-mouth the BMW, but Keith Code's endorsement means very little to me.

I'm sure there's some form of sponsorship agreement that has a lot to do with why he's changing from Kawasakis to BMW's.

STT used to toot Buell's horn pretty hard. NESBA pimps out R6's and R1's like cheap whores.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your sponsors, but I'm sure that's what it is; sponsorship.

However, getting another rider of lesser talent and ability to do the same thing is going to be tough...

Camier is in his rookie year, and pulled of the 1-2 with the Aprilia race two. Tyres can't last on the BMW it seems, because Corser only seems to go backwards after lap 8...

Seems like Camier certainly is a better second choice than Nakano was... Heart broke for Checa though.:(

Keith Code retired his fleet of ZX6Rs and going with BMW.....if he's not convinced enough about the engine management modes....he will not take a 1000 for his track school.......I just saw this video from his website.......

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

Actually, I think it was the aliens or whatever Scientology told Keith to do...

In the end, it is sponsorship. If video taped, do you honestly believe that the BMW was going to be dissed and berated? Think had Suzuki came to the table and offered more or the same and they went that route that Suzuki wouldn't have been given the same props?

Code's comments are in one ear and out the other...

Camier is in his rookie year, and pulled of the 1-2 with the Aprilia race two. Tyres can't last on the BMW it seems, because Corser only seems to go backwards after lap 8...

Seems like Camier certainly is a better second choice than Nakano was... Heart broke for Checa though.:(

Dude, Checa had those in the bag. By a long margin, too. I was just heartbroken for the guy...

The tire issue is funny because the idea that it has such advanced electronic systems, should lend it to be a better machine in the end as it should save them better... Maybe Corser has to set it on hyper drive to keep it up front?

Nah... To get Corser up front he just needs to be on the Aprilia again.:D

Just plain mean... I will say, though that I believe that next year could be tough as he's getting it sorted pretty well...

Problem will be if someone courts him and he moves on...

^^^ Points well taken....I 100% agree......

offthread....arguably the schwantzschool is probably the best out there :confused:....

I don't want to start a war....say what is real...and you guys think....:D

http://www.schwantzschool.com/

By far, the Swantz school is better. Code's school is great for middle of the road learning. Never done any track stuff and wanna learn? Sure, he's a good to go school... Outside that, there's plenty more schools I'd suggest before his.

Swantz, Skip Barber, Yamaha's Champion school, etc...

Just plain mean... I will say, though that I believe that next year could be tough as he's getting it sorted pretty well...

Problem will be if someone courts him and he moves on...

Rumour mill has Melandri going to BMW next year, with perhaps BMW giving him a MotoGP option. Hear anything about that?