Warehouse/Support Staff Position

unc7237

You obviously dont understand, or you are in denial, whatever tier you are on as of Feb. 27 is the last one you get. The extension as it stands now is over as a whole in June.

Go to the site and click on Federal Extended Benefits in the upper left corner.

I was told that's not how it works.(I hope I wasn't told wrong)

I know people who are getting the extra 53 weeks already.

read this again,

The EUC Act was amended on November 21,

2008; February 17, 2009; November 6, 2009 and, most recently, on December 19, 2009. This

legislation allows up to 53 weeks of federally extended unemployment compensation, in addition to

the possible 26 weeks of regular unemployment compensation, to eligible Ohioans.""""

Edited by serpentracer

I was told that's not how it works.(I hope I wasn't told wrong)

I know people who are getting the extra 53 weeks already.

read this again,

The EUC Act was amended on November 21,

2008; February 17, 2009; November 6, 2009 and, most recently, on December 19, 2009. This

legislation allows up to 53 weeks of federally extended unemployment compensation, in addition to

the possible 26 weeks of regular unemployment compensation, to eligible Ohioans.""""

Not trying to argue with you bro, but read this again. Its straight from the Federal unemployment extension page on the JFS website.

Quoted from the JFS website:

How long does the EUC program last? As currently legislated, the EUC program is scheduled to phase out in February 2010. The following cutoffs apply:

• Must exhaust Regular UC benefits by 2/20/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 1 (20 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 1 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 2 (14 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 2 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 3 (13 weeks).
  • Must exhaust EUC Tier 3 benefits by 2/27/2010 in order to be eligible for Tier 4 (6 weeks).

The last week that any of these federal EUC benefits (Tiers 1 through 4) can be paid is the week ending July 31, 2010. No federal EUC benefits will be paid after that time.

Whatever tier you are on now is it. No year of unemployment unless you've already been on it a year, that is, unless they pass another extension.

yeah I think you are right but everyone I ask about is says we are thinking about it wrong. here's what I was told,

when my stuff runs out in march, I can get on tier 1 to start the whole tiered process. because it was amended again on Dec 19.

but I think you are right, after feb 27, anyone still on the reg 26 weeks wont be eligible for getting any more. so it's over (for me) when I get my last 26th payment in march.

I've been on hold since 8 am this morning trying to get in touch with them. I think I'll just drive downtown in the next 1/2hour to speak face to face with them.

oh and lucky me..my employer is basically out of business now. yay! awesome. it takes longer than a month to find work. good thing I have some money saved up for retirement I get to waste..:mad:

all these damn job openings are ridiculous right now. bachelors degree type jobs going for a starting wage of $10/hr. :rolleyes:

looks like they got the working class right where they want us...working for pennies but expect high output, superior work, and educations that cost us $40k to obtain.:rolleyes:

people need to take a stand against this shit. don't apply or work for companies that hire at those wages that expect that kind of degree and experience etc.

Edited by serpentracer

WOW after reading all this, at first I wanted to get unemployed sounded sweet.. but then after more reading...(yes I can read SINNER lol) I realized maybe not... This job does seem like alot for $10/hr specially for Loading AND janitorial work. I hate cleaning bathrooms... does this job have health benefits? could be worth it then.....

• 3 weeks later...