Looking for a program...

DangBruhY

Advanced System Care. Has cloned files finder and A BUNCH of other tools on it. I really like the program. I think you can download a free version, I was able to DL the pro version. I don't believe the pro version offers that much extra though.

Auslogics Duplicate File Finder (click)

Searches for audio, video, images, archives (e.g. .zip), and programs. Search on name and/or date-time and/or file size. Optionally will create an MD5 hash of each file and then compare 'em all, finds dupes even if they aren't named the same - as music files often are (or aren't as the case may be).

Windows only, XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7 (and Server 2000, 3, and 8). 32 & 64 bit versions available.

$ Free (as in beer).

Edited by jblosser
32 & 64 bit - forgot to put that in, but then remembered.

Anyone know a good program that looks for duplicate files and gives you the option of deleting one?

I know I have like 5 copies of a BUNCH of pictures on my hard drive, but I don't know where they are all located.

Why not just use the windows search? That will find all your files and let you know where they are.

START > SEARCH > For Files or Folders

Auslogics Duplicate File Finder (click)

Searches for audio, video, images, archives (e.g. .zip), and programs. Search on name and/or date-time and/or file size. Optionally will create an MD5 hash of each file and then compare 'em all, finds dupes even if they aren't named the same - as music files often are (or aren't as the case may be).

Windows only, XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7 (and Server 2000, 3, and 8). 32 & 64 bit versions available.

$ Free (as in beer).

I'm trying this one out as well. The other one worked, but I think this one will be able to find more of them. I'm pretty sure I have duplicates that were named differently.

We'll see!