driving after dark with temps

warhols_

well i fixed my brake light so i'm not worried about that anymore. just going to tuck in my skirt and take the test.

one problem: i don't know what all they're going to test me on. i know there's a slow u-turn and weaving in and out of cones part. anyone have a diagram on what to expect? can't find anything on any website anywhere...

think i might just find a testing station and watch people take the test.

one problem: i don't know what all they're going to test me on. i know there's a slow u-turn and weaving in and out of cones part. anyone have a diagram on what to expect? can't find anything on any website anywhere...

think i might just find a testing station and watch people take the test.

look what I found using our friend "search":

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=5253&highlight=test

I think it's three parts:

1. U-turn

2. Swerving aka cone weaving

3. Quick stop where you have to accelerate to a certain speed first

The W. Broad St. BMV has the boxes painted on the asphalt in the parking lot and you can go after they close to practice any time.

Good choice.

Yes, they are really that far apart. If you pass the rest of the test, you can drive straight through them and still get your endorsement.

The key to getting through the cones is to look ahead. Don't look at the current cone you are going around, look at the one ahead of it and then look at the one ahead of that one as you approach the one you are about to go around. Once you figure out what the hell I'm talking about it will click and you will have no problems with the cones. Same goes for the u-turn (which is the same thing as the figure 8 by the way only it's two u-turns). Look to where you're going, not where you are at.

yeah. also keep it in first gear and USE THE REAR BRAKE.

the only think i fucked up on the test was i ran over the very last cone. other than that... easy peasy.

i was more concerned about the U turn than anything.

practiced on a narrow street in my neighborhood... only wide enough for about 3 cars lol.

the spot they give you to do it in is HUGE imo

I think it's three parts:

1. U-turn

2. Swerving aka cone weaving

3. Quick stop where you have to accelerate to a certain speed first

The W. Broad St. BMV has the boxes painted on the asphalt in the parking lot and you can go after they close to practice any time.

Good choice.

yup. there is also a 90 degree left hand turn where your tire can not go out of the lines, and an emergency swerve where you speed up, and then have to go to the left or right of an obstacle and stop in a box.

and the fig.8 in the box (hardest part i think)

??? they didnt make me do a figure 8 in a box.