I'm Hooked

Benyen Soljax

ok, so as many of you dont know i am in new hampshire until march sans motorcycle and ive been dying to ride ever since i left Cbus. this weekend my landlord informed me a harley dealer was having a 2008 test ride thing. i head out there just dying to get some saddle time in and expecting to settle for some sportster rides. when i get there however i remember this doubles as a buell dealership. fancy that. they also got some 08 firebolts to test ride. i go sign up and he asks me which bike im going to ride. the nightster is tempting, but the buell wins in the end. move over 250, here comes the 1200cc firebolt. we get going and the torque was a lot different. i had to clutch more than my usual dump on the 250.

even though it was a dealer led ride around the small ass city i work in, i still had a blast and cant wait to move up. (no pun intended) long story short, im hooked on riding, again, and this time things are going to get a bit more expensive.

BTW

Not sure where in NH you are... but Penguin Racing is offering their last race school/trackday in NH for this year, on Friday Oct 5. It is $250 for the school and then the bike rental on top. Once you complete the course you can race on Sat in a "novice" race if you want to. I was going to go up but work screwed everything. Their school is at New Hampshire Intl Speedway. Site is

http://www.penguinracing.com/

The bikes you can rent are Ducs. Looks like fun.

the buell was fun but im probably going to upgrade to something asian. well see after i get some more money and more test rides. i like the v twin torque and theres a few versions on the market.

Honda VTX 1300!!!!! Runs like a raped ape and its comfortable.

How about a Suzuki SV650 or SV1000?

I must say, I am proud of you. You are leaving the way of the NINJA & crossing over to the NAKED side... lol

+1 for the SV's... Those are nice bikes... Just be sure to do something with the suspension immediately...

How about a Suzuki SV650 or SV1000?

I must say, I am proud of you. You are leaving the way of the NINJA & crossing over to the NAKED side... lol

im looking at those. gotta test ride some 4s and some other twins. ive heard the SV is a pretty die hard bike however, and i like to put miles on.

Honda VTX 1300!!!!! Runs like a raped ape and its comfortable.

i am not sure what kinda ape your around, but runs like a raped ape and Honda vtx 1300 don't really go together. i had one with pipes and carb work. it was quick for a cruiser but i certainly was not setting the world on fire with land speed records.

the buell is a good choice for an American naked air cooled v twin.