Superbike Shootout

walther_gsp

your welcome guys, what exactly are you changing? I'm feeling better. bumped my leg at work the other day and it hurt worse than my wreck, plus i'm having some trouble with my foot going numb from time to time, so looks like i'm gonna have to go see the doctor for another check.

Just going to work on the rear rebound. One thing at a time. His tires look like the ones you showed me from TN, too much hop. We don't have rains so if the weather gets wet we're going to tip toe on the Michelins and hope for the best of weather for the eighth. Two sets of Pilot Race that he's comfortable with in the house. Since he's the newest of the new he's gridded last in all three races, my money says he doesn't finish there!

Pops

i was up there. ran into robin and the like. my buddy Bill Stranahan took 3rd after leading the AMA Sports 600 race. It was a LOOONG ass day indeed and the stuff with the superbike guys was a kick in the pants.

i was up there. ran into robin and the like. my buddy Bill Stranahan took 3rd after leading the AMA Sports 600 race. It was a LOOONG ass day indeed and the stuff with the superbike guys was a kick in the pants.

I was the other girl with Robin. It was good to meet some one new from the forum! Good luck to you and your friend next year!!

Yes it was. I got up there around 8:30 Sunday morning to a somewhat wiped out campground from the previous night's storm. Found my buddies from Y-town and Cinci. Their tents survived, but the EZ-Up was destroyed along with some other various assorted sundries. Called Djoo, sorry I didn't get back with you like I said. Met up with CBRgirl, RR, 10sinner (or whatever his name is this week), Putty, Gixerchick, and the rest of you.

Sunday's weather was great! The racing was, well you saw how it went, it was something I never expected at an AMA Pro Event. I say no more.

OK, I lied! The spectator turnout sucked! There was no reason for Mid Ohio not to be jamb packed on Sunday. The vendors pussed out also. Maybe they're weren't enough advance ticket sales, I don't know. I hear a lot of bitching about the way AMA handles racing, I do my share also, but I go. This what we have and if we want to keep at least this, we have to go. Speed TV sure doesn't help by putting the races on starting at noon on Tuesdays, ending at four, maybe if we're lucky, six. I'll just quit my day job that pays the dish bill! Ooooh, then we get treated to Superbikes, what a bunch of idiots that show is about! Just my opinion.

Sunday saw more track dryers, sweepers, and cars on the track bending over backwards to make it safe. That track was dryer than I've seen a dragstrip after a rain storm at a national event, and they still weren't satisfied. Maybe they ought to move their money making asses over and let the racers from last weekend, that busted their asses, literally for some forty seven plus racers, take over and put on a competetive show. It was great until the skies opened up. I know, I was there standing in the rain supporting them until the night was over.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest, I didn't even know it was in there. Guess I needed to vent.

Pops

Well I was getting a little steamed up too at the start of the first heat race. But reading about things on SuperBike Planet changed my mind.

In this case I think it was the track at fault and not the AMA or the pro riders.

The track wanted the races it had signed up for and didn't care if anybody got any sighting/warm up laps in. There may have been wet or damp spots in a few places around the track and the pros held out for warm up laps for everybody. The track thought that most or all of the warm up laps were expendable.

Good for the pros, safety first. Someone working for the track should have explained it over the PA.

That is the story near as I can tell.

Here is more of the story from RoadRacing World.

"At issue is the lack of Supersport and Superstock practice sessions today. AMA officials have said that the riders can have three laps before the race; riders want 10 minutes of practice to assess track conditions following rain storms yesterday and last night.

AMA officials claim they have no room in the tight schedule to allow any practice. Riders says it's a safety issue, especially for riders who do not compete in any classes other than Supersport and/or Superstock.

While the riders continued to work on organizing and unifying their position, Leo Vince/Pegram Racing HondaÂ’s Larry Pegram went out in the short Superbike warm-up session. After turning a handful of laps, his best a 1:32, Pegram returned to the gathering of riders to report, “ItÂ’s still wet on the backside. You canÂ’t even get your knee down right now. If they lined up and ran those heat races right now there would be a lot of red flags and hurt riders. It [track] needs about two hours or good riding on it, and even then you better not get off line.Ââ€Â

Shortly after PegramÂ’s report back to the group, Matsushima Performance SuzukiÂ’s Danny Eslick returned from Formula Xtreme warm-up to report, “I just did one lap, and it was stupid out there.Ââ€Â

After PegramÂ’s and EslickÂ’s reports, a sort of roll call was taken as each rider stated to the group that he would not ride in the Superbike heat races. The riders then left the gathering to check in with other riders to see if they would join their boycott of the heat races."