Legal question...

Casper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHA BULLSHIT... IT SURE AS HELL WILL NOT

1. As a reference most bikes loose top end when the gearing is changed. There are gearing calculators out there that will show you exactly what your "hypothetical" top speed is based on the gearing you select.. give it a shot.

2. All bikes have been limited at 186 by the ECU for quite some time. You can however override this with a TRE or similar device.

3. The amount of increased HP required to propel a bike from 190 - 200 is substantial due to wind resistance.

4. Your bike even while indicating 186mph is NOT doing 186. you have a 10-15% speedo error at those speeds.

5. Any bike that has gone over 200mph (GPS or Laser verified) has significant motor and or aerodynamic work done on the bike unless its just a monster motor bike of which yours does not qualify.

So like I said.. your bike is NOT going to do 200mph with a simple gearing change.

2. All bikes have been limited at 186 by the ECU for quite some time. You can however override this with a TRE or similar device.

I met a Mechanic at Columbus Motor Sports and he told me that the reason why our bikes are limited at 186 is because they don't want the $10,000 Japanese bikes out gunning their Porches and other pricey vehicles. That kinda pissed me off.

HAHAHAHAHA BULLSHIT... IT SURE AS HELL WILL NOT
1. As a reference most bikes loose top end when the gearing is changed. There are gearing calculators out there that will show you exactly what your "hypothetical" top speed is based on the gearing you select.. give it a shot.

3. The amount of increased HP required to propel a bike from 190 - 200 is substantial due to wind resistance.

4. Your bike even while indicating 186mph is NOT doing 186. you have a 10-15% speedo error at those speeds.

5. Any bike that has gone over 200mph (GPS or Laser verified) has significant motor and or aerodynamic work done on the bike unless its just a monster motor bike of which yours does not qualify.

So like I said.. your bike is NOT going to do 200mph with a simple gearing change.

Calculator:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ator0437/gc/

-3 in the rear, +3 in the front = 375kph = 233mph

Just doing -3 in the rear = 319kph = 198mph

I'm looking up more info as we speak, but hypothetically yes an 05 ZX10 will do 200mph with a gear change.

Hell, Busas supposedly do it stock.

Talk to Attack Painter or Patcbr600 both of them said no way with a gear change will you be able to go 200mph! They both have zx10's with more then gear changes and their bikes don't do 200mph! You have forgot to add in aero dynamics, and record with streamlining and turbo is 236! Remember there is a error in your speedo once you hit high enough speeds! Patcbr600's friend holds the record for zx 10's with more then gear change. I told him to post what that guy has done to his so you can see what actually needs to be done on top of gearing.

Talk to Attack Painter or Patcbr600 both of them said no way with a gear change will you be able to go 200mph! They both have zx10's with more then gear changes and their bikes don't do 200mph! You have forgot to add in aero dynamics, and record with streamlining and turbo is 236! Remember there is a error in your speedo once you hit high enough speeds! Patcbr600's friend holds the record for zx 10's with more then gear change. I told him to post what that guy has done to his so you can see what actually needs to be done on top of gearing.
I'm not talking 236mph. I'm talking 200mph. Find out what needs to be done to hit 200mph. This has nothing to do with my original post, but anyways...

I met a Mechanic at Columbus Motor Sports and he told me that the reason why our bikes are limited at 186 is because they don't want the $10,000 Japanese bikes out gunning their Porches and other pricey vehicles. That kinda pissed me off.

C'mon Anthony, I know you are WAY smarter than that... What motivation would the Japanese have to limit their bikes based upon what the Europeans think? After a comment like that, everything that guy said should be utterly discounted as pure and total mouth diarrhea...

The real reason is more of a 'gentlemen's agreement' between the manufacturers to limit the speed because they were worried about lawsuits and countries flat out banning their machines... The Busa put the top speed of these things in question throughout the media and this is how the industry responded...

Calculator:

I'm looking up more info as we speak, but hypothetically yes an 05 ZX10 will do 200mph with a gear change.

You suck at the internet... not sure what your doing but the calcs for a 2004 ZX10R (which is the same as the 05) doesnt even come close to 375kph.. you have been drinking

-3+3 gives you 140mph

and just in case you didnt know.. click the box for mph readings instead of kph..

Wanna try again?

The overall point is that you need some serious aerodynamics and or HP to overcome the 200mph barrier.

You suck at the internet... not sure what your doing but the calcs for a 2004 ZX10R (which is the same as the 05) doesnt even come close to 375kph.. you have been drinking

-3+3 gives you 140mph

and just in case you didnt know.. click the box for mph readings instead of kph..

Wanna try again?

The overall point is that you need some serious aerodynamics and or HP to overcome the 200mph barrier.

You must suck at reading. I said -3 in the REAR and +3 in the FRONT. Here's the PDF. I highlighted what you SHOULD be reading in red:

http://www.ohio-riders.net/topspeed.pdf

So, not only do you suck at the internet, you should smack your English teacher for not teaching you any reading comprehension skills.

By the way, bone stock they'll do 186 - 188 (GPS verified), and they're limited by the ECU. The ECU is no longer an issue on my bike, and it isn't bone stock. Sooooo.......... 190s shouldn't be a problem. 200? I don't know, but.........

...and I know about the "button", I switched back and forth to point out both to you...

i only stated the 236mph because its the record, and you put this info up stating with these changes your bike would be at 233mph!
That's what the gearing will do, not necessarily my bike. I realize there are aerodynamics and top end power at play here, I'm not retarded. However, I think 200mph can be achieved. Anybody want to make a trip out to the salt flats next spring?

You must suck at reading. I said -3 in the REAR and +3 in the FRONT. Here's the PDF. I highlighted what you SHOULD be reading in red:

http://www.ohio-riders.net/topspeed.pdf

So, not only do you suck at the internet, you should smack your English teacher for not teaching you any reading comprehension skills.

By the way, bone stock they'll do 186 - 188 (GPS verified), and they're limited by the ECU. The ECU is no longer an issue on my bike, and it isn't bone stock. Sooooo.......... 190s shouldn't be a problem. 200? I don't know, but.........

My mistake on the +3 front -3 rear.. most people though list them with the front starting first.. -3+3, -1+2 etc. Dont care what you think.. your bike will not do 200 stock.. Its a matter of aerodynamics and HP of which gearing gives neither.

Just so you know.. this is a snippet from a professional racing group who are in the 200mph club...

"The amount of horsepower required to overcome aerodynamic drag rises as the cube of speed. Consider this: 160 hp is enough to push a stock Hayabusa to nearly 190 mph, but it would take closer to 225 hp to get that same bike to 200 mph--65 more hp for just 10 more mph on top. "

Once again.. your bike will NOT do 200 with gearing...

A guy in Miami did 203MPH on an 04 ZX10R with:

K&N Air Filter

PC III USB

Intake Cam

TiForce Full Exhaust

Nikko G-pack Fuel Module

Im done with this thread because its stupid..

PS.. a Nikko G-pack module = = = = same thing as a TRE..

And read your own writing.... CAMs...

so once again.. bullshit.. IM OUT...

Go have fun with your 1.21 gigawatt moped...

C'mon Anthony, I know you are WAY smarter than that... What motivation would the Japanese have to limit their bikes based upon what the Europeans think? After a comment like that, everything that guy said should be utterly discounted as pure and total mouth diarrhea...

The real reason is more of a 'gentlemen's agreement' between the manufacturers to limit the speed because they were worried about lawsuits and countries flat out banning their machines... The Busa put the top speed of these things in question throughout the media and this is how the industry responded...

Wow, XB calling out my intelligence.

so how did this thread go from what the consiquenses of passing a cop at 200, to no way in hell satans bike could do it??? has he tried it.......no. i'm sure people have doen it with a semi-stock bike. i think that 200mph on a 10 is very possible. fuck the "speedo is not correct at a certain speed''. if he is going to do it, i'm sure he would use a gps or somethin. some are questioning his intelligence, but i think that he is smart enough to know that the speedo would be off so instead of saying bullshit this, bullshit that, let him try it!! if it happens it happens, if not than we will know that it is not possible.

I dont think anyone is questioning his intelligence but instead questioning the information he has gathered. Most of which probably came from the internet. Nobody is saying don't do it they are saying if 200 is a goal it wont come easy. That is why the 200mph club is still relatively small.

only a few bikes been limited. not all if the bike has the stock capability to do 186+ then it has a ecu limiter.

Calculator:

will not. you need mad power and small streamlineing witgh a short skinny rider.

for some reference look here at maxton speed records. if 200 mph was so easy on stock bikes how come records are not all broken? http://www.ecta-lsr.com/RecordsMoto1.php

here is modded class including nitrous and turbo http://www.ecta-lsr.com/RecordsMoto2.php

as most people that know me are aware of the condition of my zx10 and what it makes in hp. on a dyno i did top speed runs while tuning and with stock gearing did 185.6 , with -1 in the front 178, i went +2 in the front and -1 in the rear and did only 202. the tire size will make a huge difference at that much rpm of the rear tire. also that calculator has the wrong rear tire size. that is a 06 zx10 tire. but on the dyno with real added effect of ram air above 160 mph makes a hp difference. you can get 1.4 bar in the air box at 160 mph. but add wind drag and no way could i do those speeds.