Fan dies after being hit by flying debris in NHRA crash in Arizona

Disclaimer

Didn't know if anyone else saw this today.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nhra/2010-02-21-crewmember-injury-phoenix_N.htm

Video embedded at Jalopnik site [via ESPN]: http://jalopnik.com/5477568/video-flying-tire-at-arizona-drag-race-kills-spectator

Edited by JRMMiii

I have a beer cozie attached to my handlebars

lol nice. I have a water backpack but instead of water i have vodka..

wait wait wait... i'm the one that said hockey pucks... i think in all fairness, i saved your life. :p Typical likwid, takin all the credit... :nono:

:D

ill buy you a drink too jesus!:mad:

Just pony up money and get good seats behind the glass.

yeah, i get a little nervous at hockey games when i'm above the glass... you still dont expect anything to happen, but then there's always that random story like this one that makes you think.

hockey? :wtf:

Yeah there was a young girl a few years back at a Columbus Blue Jackets game got struck in the head my a puck. Thats why they have the netting up behind the goals. While the puck is in play, the ushers won't let people get to their seats. They make them wait until the puck stops.

so i was gonna go to hockey game, fuck that now. im good thanks for saving my life

Go to one, they are an absolute blast!

wait wait wait... i'm the one that said hockey pucks... i think in all fairness, i saved your life. :p Typical likwid, takin all the credit... :nono:

:D

Hey, I'm the one that brought up hockey in the first place.

I was at the US 500 at MIS back in 98 when Adrian Fernandez hit the wall and his front wheel assembly came over the fence impacting the spectators and it killed 3 people and injured many more. I was down in turn 1 so I didn't actually see it happen but they cleared that section on the grandstands out and placed tarps over where the people had been sitting.

This was back when they had the big CART IRL split and the turbo charged CART cars easily outpaced the IRL's cars. I do believe that they were averaging around 240mph during this event.

hockey? :wtf:

When my son was 6 years old I took him to a Penguins game. We were sitting 3 rows back from the ice. At some point during the game my kid grabs his head and starts crying. Turns out some prick of a drunk who sitting in the upper level fan took a unopened can of beer and tried to chuck it onto the ice. His limp ass arm obviously didn't get the can of beer far enough and it smashed my kid in the head instead. Myself and 4 other guys sprinted to the upper level followed by security but the guy was gone. We did find his bag of beer though. My son was ok and thats all that really matters....

When my son was 6 years old I took him to a Penguins game. We were sitting 3 rows back from the ice. At some point during the game my kid grabs his head and starts crying. Turns out some prick of a drunk who sitting in the upper level fan took a unopened can of beer and tried to chuck it onto the ice. His limp ass arm obviously didn't get the can of beer far enough and it smashed my kid in the head instead. Myself and 4 other guys sprinted to the upper level followed by security but the guy was gone. We did find his bag of beer though. My son was ok and thats all that really matters....

I've seen the same shit at Nascar races. Especially if Kyle Busch wins.