Bad sportsmanship, being competitive...?

Likwid

USA vs Finland....

1st quarter, score is 6-0...

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't feel any more pride in the USA if we won by 1 or won by 20...

We all argue Tressel goes too far with the "good sportsmanship" and not piling it on... but what about this? too far?

if you're resting the starting lineup, and the benchers are still running up the score, i'm not sure what else you're supposed to do.

6-0 sounds bad, but i've seen the losing team completely give up by half-time in similar situations. What is the dominant team SUPPOSED to do?

I say play keepaway. And i don't htink 6-0 is excessively running up teh score.

if you're resting the starting lineup, and the benchers are still running up the score, i'm not sure what else you're supposed to do.

6-0 sounds bad, but i've seen the losing team completely give up by half-time in similar situations. What is the dominant team SUPPOSED to do?

I say play keepaway. And i don't htink 6-0 is excessively running up teh score.

There was a game earlier, final score was 12-1

If your 4th string is scoring on the opponent, the game shouldn't even be happening... watching this game is like watching a peewee football team play the Giants...

or like when Ike's hockey team had to play the professional team so Ike could avenge his shame from missing the goal from the game of his life.

:rolleyes: It's the Olympics. Ya know, where the 'Top (sometimes amateur) athletes perform against each other'... go big or go home. If you make it to the Olympic level and get destroyed, you get destroyed.

Back in the day, you lost the game....and your life. So, people need to stop being whiny bitches and stop to complaining it's 'unsportsman' to run up the score in the Olympics

If you are up by one you don't just stop playing, you keep ion trying to score. The blue jackets have had games where they are winning 4-0 then with in a matter of minutes down by a point. USA would be kicking themselves if they were up 3-0 then said lets just mess around and the other team ended up winning.

Don't underestimate the failure in arrogance.

No I'm not saying that at all. But at what kind of lead do you say is enough? When is it impossible for the other team to score enough to win? I hate watching games where one team is winning by a few and they put in some inexperience players and then they end up losing the game.

Ooops. I was agreeing with you. Being up by a few points doesn't warrant bringing out the equipment guys. A commanding lead? Sure' date=' put out the 2nd stringers, but if the opposing team scores one single point, or even seems to be putting a hurting on you in any way, pull them out as soon as possible.[/quote']

Exactly.:)