Buckeye Bullet 2

Anden

I went into work tonight only to find this in the shop. Its really very impressive what you can do with a couple of old bus fuel cells. It turns 300 pounds of ice into hot water in 90 seconds at 300 miles an hour, and it only makes water as a byproduct. Not bad for a front wheel drive car. They originally thought it would go faster but it ended up being too heavy. Sorry the pics aren't the greatest but their wasn't much space.

I made the mold for the front end.

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

My brother (20thgix) made the wheels.

IMG_2268.jpg

Inner workings it was explained but not really under stood.

IMG_2263.jpg

Cockpit and ice tanks.

IMG_2257.jpg

4 million dollars and a 3 year life span. She is retired now.

More info here: http://www.buckeyebullet.com/

What is the heating element to turn the ice to water/steam. Im guessing some type of combustible liquid/gas

Its the hydrogen fuel cell generates that much heat. 500kw of power generates that much heat also.

The place I work for has had a hand in three of Ohio State's electric competition cars.

The formula car

Buckeye Bullet 1

Buckeye Bullet 2

there was a show on discovery once about this car going to bonneville. it also showed the car that troy trepanier built that got stuck in 2nd gear and was going 150ish mph.

I also caught that show. They wouldn't allow the bullet in the pits for fear of explosion.

That car was sick.