07 gsxr 1000 riders

nochknstrps

Anyone have any suggestions on a few performance upgrades for the 07 gixxer. I've basically put my bike away for the year cause my job has me on the road all the fucking time. So I figure I might as well start upgrading it for next year. It may see some track time (gonna get my buddies 03 zx636 for the track) but mostly nice twisty roads. I already have an aftermarket exhaust, stock was the first thing to go. I have my own ideas for the rest but I'm open to other suggestions. Anyone do a chain and sprocket conversion or ignition module?

Anyone have any suggestions on a few performance upgrades for the 07 gixxer. I've basically put my bike away for the year cause my job has me on the road all the fucking time. So I figure I might as well start upgrading it for next year. It may see some track time (gonna get my buddies 03 zx636 for the track) but mostly nice twisty roads. I already have an aftermarket exhaust, stock was the first thing to go. I have my own ideas for the rest but I'm open to other suggestions. Anyone do a chain and sprocket conversion or ignition module?

I know a guy who's selling an '03 636 that was wadded up at The Dragon... Same guy?

What kind of mods are you wanting? Performance or appearance?

If Performance I suggest getting a Penske or Ohlins double clicker shock, and then have a performance shop do a basic upgrade on the fork internals (namely springs and valves).

If you want the cheapest Power mod try changing the chain and sprockets to a 520 (RK makes a chain that is strong enough for the 1000s) and go -1 tooth on the front and if you dont care about top speed +2 teeth on the rear. This is my plan once my stock chain is done but I am already +2 on the rear now.

Definately get some Stainless front brake lines and then when stock pads are done put in some good Double HH sintered pads. (no reason to just pitch stock pads).

Note if you do the ignition module you might as well get the Quickshifter unit I do have one that is barely used I need to get rid of (It is regular shift and I needed GP) that I will sell for 1/2 what they are new.

Now for the high $$ mods, you can get a set of Magnesium rims from Marvic or if you are made of $$$ get the Carbon Fiber rims from BST. Also if you don't get the rims you could always get Ceramic bearings installed in your rims.