Working in the motorcycle industry

Monstrosity

Just curious how many of you work in the bike industry?

I ask because I've worked for the same company for over 9 years and counting. They specialize in high performance auto parts. They've broke into oem,trucks, etc over the years.

I've loved cars, bikes, motors in general since I was a kid. However working with hot rods has kinda worn down the passion I have for wanting my own/going to car shows/looking at cars/ etc. Dont get me wrong I still love what I do but notice the drive's not as strong.

How do you feel working in the motorcycle industry? Also how long have you been in the field?

There are a lot of people on here who work in the motorcycle industry, but would rather keep it quite that they do. So you're not going to get a whole lot of people responding to this other than sponsors. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

What are you looking for? Work as a salesman at a shop? A tech? A parts guy?

Or, do you want within the industry? That's really tough right now as the motorcycles industry is in a tough spot right now. Dealers are struggling, closing and cutting back. That trickle down in reverse essentially means the industry has slowed tremedously.

Thus, not many jobs within the industry. However, at a retail level, there are some spots at shops around.

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but now isn't the best time yo be looking.

What are you looking for? Work as a salesman at a shop? A tech? A parts guy?

Or, do you want within the industry? That's really tough right now as the motorcycles industry is in a tough spot right now. Dealers are struggling, closing and cutting back. That trickle down in reverse essentially means the industry has slowed tremedously.

Thus, not many jobs within the industry. However, at a retail level, there are some spots at shops around.

Hate being the bearer of bad news, but now isn't the best time yo be looking.

i dont think the OP is looking for a job.

they are asking if working in the industry has hampered ones interest in motorcycles, in general; like has been the case in the OP's current job.

they are asking if working in the industry has hampered ones interest in motorcycles, in general; like has been the case in the OP's current job.

oh... I missed that part

I'll admit, if I never had to do another insurance quote I'd die happy... but that being said, I know I'll do 10-30 tomorrow.

It's also a little depressing when you know a bit of what goes into insurance, including how likely injusries, damage, death etc etc will occur

I missed that part as well.

My response? I hated motorcycles after working at a shop for about 6 years. I then got into the industry and am at the point I need to ride my bike in anger to relieve stress. If I could ride right now, I'd probably go racing to let off steam and hit everyone on the track in the process out of frustration.

It ain't good right now... Plus, as it sits, I am probably not going to get much free time to even ride on the weekends...

you got it...

Threads like this make me actually feel pretty good about the fact that I decided to take an extra year to graduate college. Why rush to the unemployment line? *is dreading the job search*

Wish I woulda went into the medical field. Job security, great pay, just a lot of schooling...