Hey gals...anyone have recommendations/opinionson this gear/brand?

PrincessPratt

Question...does anyone know if you can put on regular "no cut" frame sliders or do you have to drill a hole through the plastics for this one too?

There are called no-cut...because you dont have to CUT the plastics...:lol:

Thanks Whitey! Now where the heck does Robin put her shoes? LoLz. :confused:

That is why she has her own side and the guest bed room closet.... HAHAHA

There are called no-cut...because you dont have to CUT the plastics...:lol:

I know Whitey but with my 06 GSXR I should have had to drill through the plastics to put on the frame sliders. I opted to get another type (puig) but if you look at it from a frontal view they are uneven. I was wondering if suzuki made the bike that way again since I forgot to ask. :(

probably just where the engine mounts were.

i wouldn't get no cuts, i have seen/heard of too many people going doing with no cuts and tweaking frames. a good "cut" job is just as good as a no cut, and im sure there are plenty of people available on this site to help out.

Cut the plastics.. The cut sliders are stronger and will hold up better in the case the bike falls over and if memory serves me correctly, Someone on here had the nickname of "Tiiiiimmmmmmmbbbbbbbbeeerrrrrrrrrrr" (Timber) because their bike was always hitting the ground..

Just saying. :)

Besides, the cut sliders look just fine after they are installed and most people think the plastics came that way. I cut shawnas for her. Whitey has cut some, we all have.

Check out the 2010 SHIFT ladies leather Siren Jacket vs. the Viper you posted. More of a true riding jacket vs. styling jacket the Viper is. The Viper is cool and definately worth looking at, but the Siren is better in fit and protection...

sirenleatherwht.jpg

All three jackets are nice. What really matters is fit and finish. Check the thickness of the leather (1.1mm and higher is strongly recommended) and the stitching quality of the jacket. Make sure the padding conforms and sticks to the location of your elbows and shoulders and the back protector (if there is one or if there's a space for one) still allows for full range of movement. Otherwise, take your pick and enjoy.

Only leather I've fallen with is my custom black jacket from Johnson Leathers and the thick cowhide combined with the padding saved me from gravel and road rash. My last crash (minor highside) was in my Aerostich Roadcrafter jacket, and I swear by that one.

I picked up one of these from Iron Pony last year and used it during the summer. It didn't come in white, but I did get a lot of compliments with the tan. I have to agree, light colors on a motorcycle jacket are a b*tch to clean. So this one is reserved for the nice nights out.

201312512312514a.1.JPG

Why is everyone so down on white and cleaning it? I have ridden 20 plus events and raced with a full white suit and have it looking like new.

CLEAN it after rides. Let it sit with bug guts and grime and it'll eventually look like shit. No different than a bike. Keep riding w/o cleaning and maintaining and the chrome rusts, the bolts rust, paint faeds, etc...

White is easily maintained and can look great and like new as long as you take care of it.

Personally I don't like leather because of the hot days...I have really only worn cordura because it ventilates better. Just might be something to think about. The Jacket is pretty but they also make pretty styles in cordura. And for the summer I bought a Yamaha Mesh Jacket...