Daytona 200 on Speed channel

scottb

Gsxr750girl and I were in the pits for most of the race. Pretty sweet let me tell you. Pretty good race too.

You guys must have been feeling pretty lonely. It looked like there wasnt many fans in attendance. The stands were empty.

Absolutely sucked. No factory presence like there used to be. Sure, you have about 5 guys that are going to blaze the field.

No focus on the privateers other than Melissa. I love Melissa and think she's bad ass, but come on... Corey West gets 5th and you hear nothing. Melissa was running 13th and then crashed. However, there were only 23 racers at that point still running out of 43 plus...

Ama needs to get their shit together. There's no feeling this is the pinnacle of road racing here in the country. You have 6-7 top Superbike guys and 5-6 top Sportbike guys and that's it. It used to be as a privateer, if you could do 15-20th in the Supersport class, you were kicking ass. Now? Top 10 easily...

They need to work on the announcing, as well. Russell while a great racer in his day, sounds like he's got a mouth full of poo while talking. Get someone in there with the ability to talk that has the credentials. I think Hayes did a great job and there are many a retired racer that could fill Russell's shoes.

Think of it this way - if you have no experience watching road racing or no knowledge of the sport, would that have convinced you it was worth watching or paying money to watch at the track? Would it have caused you to want to go to the track and spend a weekend and related expenses to view it?

The factories need back in. The top riders need pulled back into it. We lost a great deal over winter and it shows.

Thumbs down...

Absolutely sucked. No factory presence like there used to be. Sure, you have about 5 guys that are going to blaze the field.

No focus on the privateers other than Melissa. I love Melissa and think she's bad ass, but come on... Corey West gets 5th and you hear nothing. Melissa was running 13th and then crashed. However, there were only 23 racers at that point still running out of 43 plus...

Ama needs to get their shit together. There's no feeling this is the pinnacle of road racing here in the country. You have 6-7 top Superbike guys and 5-6 top Sportbike guys and that's it. It used to be as a privateer, if you could do 15-20th in the Supersport class, you were kicking ass. Now? Top 10 easily...

They need to work on the announcing, as well. Russell while a great racer in his day, sounds like he's got a mouth full of poo while talking. Get someone in there with the ability to talk that has the credentials. I think Hayes did a great job and there are many a retired racer that could fill Russell's shoes.

Think of it this way - if you have no experience watching road racing or no knowledge of the sport, would that have convinced you it was worth watching or paying money to watch at the track? Would it have caused you to want to go to the track and spend a weekend and related expenses to view it?

The factories need back in. The top riders need pulled back into it. We lost a great deal over winter and it shows.

Thumbs down...

:plus1: The announcer was awful and the whole deal looked half-assed.

Now that DMG owns it, they should change the name to HAMA. Half-Assed Motorcycle Association.

You would think they would want to make the Daytona 200 into the biggest motorcycle race in the world, but they dont appear to know how or care.

This may be a dumb question since I'm not really attached to AMA like I am drag racing, but why were there a couple of I4 liter bikes out with the I4 600's? I get the 848 and 1125R, but I know I saw the screen show an R1 and GSXR 1k out there too.

This may be a dumb question since I'm not really attached to AMA like I am drag racing, but why were there a couple of I4 liter bikes out with the I4 600's? I get the 848 and 1125R, but I know I saw the screen show an R1 and GSXR 1k out there too.

According to the entry list there were a couple of I4 liter bikes in the field. I dont understand it either