Anyone ever try this? Satellite TV to PC...

SWing'R

I think I read a thread on here about it, and basically, it sux.

See, thats why I love this place, its like "try-it-before-you-buy-it", let someone else try it first and let me know :p

It sounds really cool though. I think you should pony up the $50 and then give us a detailed report about it. I'd buy it in a second if i thought it was worth a shit.

See' date=' thats why I love this place, its like "try-it-before-you-buy-it", let someone else try it first and let me know :p[/quote']

From what I've read about it, you won't get anything that most people would expect. I don't think there is ANY US based programming on there. It must not have been on here that I heard about it, maybe it was on another forum. I can't remember, but it was within the past month or so.

I had my Satellite hooked to my PC until just recently. My PC has a TV tuner. I just ran the coaxial to the TV tuner.. works like a charm though verrry slow to react to channel changes.

Not sure how that compares to what you are suggesting.

Completely different. Misleading title I guess. Its just streaming video service for the pc, not really anything to do with satellite.

They don't really list the channels either. I looked and tried to see if anything I would be interested in was listed. Nope. besides there is plenty of free streaming stuff out their. So why pay for it????

I'm really liking the netflix streaming deal. Streams movies and stuff to the Xbox 360 and the PC. They also stream to PS3's many Blu-ray players, and soon to the Wii. It's 8.99 a month, and includes the regular Netflix deal where they send you a moive at a time. All unlimited.