Drz400 Blood Mountain

Uncle Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubeFwuk66Y

I like to try and go fast on the curvy roads but this looks really fast. I guess you would have to try and ride with these guys but it looks faster than the rides I've been on or is it just how it looks filmed. I hate the traffic they are running through.

Cool video and neat to see a "slow" bike ridden fast.

Holy shit I know those guys! lol....the guy on the DRZ ended up wrecking it, he doesn't ride anymore. The other two are stupid fast. I really miss riding Blood Mtn tho, it's still 129 (same as Deal's Gap), you just have to follow it down into GA. Lots of those guys, as video'ed, don't have any respect for the lines on the road or the traffic. They are good, but are going to get themselves killed one day. I rode 2up with a (really fast) friend of mine a couple times, just to see what it was like to go that fast...let's just say that, even more than these guys, he turned the "twisties" into "slightly curvies". One time we about hit an oil spill where someone had thrown a jug out their window (happens more often than you would think) in the turn that starts at about 3:35, it's a pretty sharp near hairpin. The store at the end is a neat little hiking store, but unfortunately the owner doesn't like bikers even though the parking lot is a good turn around point and meeting spot. Have to have a min $5 purchase to use a credit card, too. It's a real fun road, though-between 129, 180 (very tight, look for vids of Wolf Pen Gap) and 60 it's a good area to live in. :)

...Have to have a min $5 purchase to use a credit card, too.

Merchants are not allowed, per Visa regulations, to establish a minimum purchase amount, nor attach any surcharge fee to a transaction when you use your Visa card.

...Worked at City National/Bank One/First Chicago/JP Morgan/Chase/whatever in the 80's in the financial card division (FCS for those of you that work there now). Just checked Visa.com, the rules/regs have not changed (3rd item under 'popular topics').

Looks like a fun road!