bogs at full throttle 99 R6 (carbs)

natedogg624

i've had this problem ongoing since end of last season and have tried to fix it myself but i am at a loss.

its a 99 R6, stock air filter, slip on, factory pro 1.0 jet kit. 150 outers/155 inners, 2.75 turns out idle mix adjuster, 3rd clip down (middle) needle.

problem: last week it would bog with a good amount of throttle input 75-100% throttle) at around 8k rpms (the known rich spot) all the way through to the redline. but this bog would go in and out, if i was at full throttle it would bog then go then bog then go, working its way through the rpms.

however, i am not sure if the "go" part was my body moving forward from the change in acceleration from the bog letting off the throttle and then it reacting to the now ~75% throttle, make sense?

so i dug into the carbs and found the inners and outers were flipped so i put them back the way they are supposed to be installed as well as double checked the rest of the settings and installed fresh/new spark plugs. the bike currently sits with the settings you see above.

after i flipped the jets i took it out and there was a noticeable increase in the pull of the bike, so much so that i cracked the throttle and spun the back wheel (wet surface). i parked it satisfied for the night. took it out the next day when it was dry and noticed that the bog is still there, but less so and higher up the rpm's (~10-13k) and if i hold the throttle open it wont really "go" and get up to redline, only if i let off slightly will it continue to pull.

so there is where i am at, hopefully someone here can help. i plan on calling factory pro tomorrow but was curious if i could get some answers/advice today while im not busy.

why not put the stock sizes back in and put it back to factory settings and see how it runs and work from there?

in my experience which is limited, too much air and not enough fuel makes them bog at high rpm.

i dont have stock sizes. the previous kit was the DJ kit. and the 150 is the smallest one available to me and it only came with two of them. 150x2, 155x2, and 158x2.

It's hard to diagnose fuel delivery issues "over the phone'' date=' but make sure you didn't pinch/kink the fuel line before making too big a deal out of this... especially since you said it ran fine last summer.[/quote']

fuel lines aren't kinked, i may diagnose the fuel pump to make sure its not getting tired.