torque specs

ducati guy

Anyone have a factory service manual for an 07 suzuki sv650 and can tell me the torque specs for the following

-rear axle nut

-front axle

-front axle pinch bolt

-front brake caliper bolts

Many thanks

72.5 ft/lb rear

47 front

16.5 pinch

28 caliper

your bike wont come apart or explode from any of those bolts not being "exact"

do the axle to around 80

the calipers to about 30

pinch bolts are usually about 10-15

and the front axle is usually 60-70

this be true but i dnt want to tighten things to much and run a chance of breaking something. And im a little picky on things like this..darn bmw training

ops this is kawasaki guy not jason lol

oh look out it's going to explode or strip a bolt. if you are really that ignorant about tightening a bolt here and there, do your bike a favor, sell your tools and take it to a shop.

I guess you're one of those guys who uses a new crush washer every oil change and uses a torque wrench on the oil drain plug too.

you'd probably cry a river if you've ever seen a car put together on an assembly line with air tools and no torque wrenches.

about the only thing they build on cars with a torque wrench is the wheels and engine parts.

Edited by serpentracer

you'd probably cry a river if you've ever seen a car put together on an assembly line with air tools and no torque wrenches.

about the only thing they build on cars with a torque wrench is the wheels and engine parts.

This isn't entirely true, but I'm with chevy...carry on.

:popcorn:

A car is a lot less dangerous if your caliper falls off than on a bike. Anytime I have something off on my bike, especially those things the OP asked for specs on, I torque them to what they say. I'd rather be sure they are tight enough than have my front caliper fall off and make me crash.

Aluminum and magnesium parts have a very bad habit of warping or cracking, especially with heat and cooling cycles, if not torqued correctly, both the amount of torque, and accuracy of the pattern of torque. High heat cycles on some ferrous materials, like brake rotors on a car axle, can exhibit the same warping disasters. I'll think I'll leave it at that.

edit: I torque absolutely everything.

Edited by ReconRat

Aluminum and magnesium parts have a very bad habit of warping or cracking, especially with heat and cooling cycles, if not torqued correctly, both the amount of torque, and accuracy of the pattern of torque. High heat cycles on some ferrous materials, like brake rotors on a car axle, can exhibit the same warping disasters. I'll think I'll leave it at that.

If your pinch bolts are seeing enough heat to warp the fork ends, you've got a much bigger problemo. :D

oh look out it's going to explode or strip a bolt. if you are really that ignorant about tightening a bolt here and there, do your bike a favor, sell your tools and take it to a shop.

I guess you're one of those guys who uses a new crush washer every oil change and uses a torque wrench on the oil drain plug too.

Sorry for wanting to be somewhat professional about it. Next time ill just pay someone to do it and watch them use a torque wrench

Edited by ducati guy

A car is a lot less dangerous if your caliper falls off than on a bike. Anytime I have something off on my bike, especially those things the OP asked for specs on, I torque them to what they say. I'd rather be sure they are tight enough than have my front caliper fall off and make me crash.

if you can't tell when something is tight enough, you are one of those persons that shouldn't be using tools for a hobby or professionally.

working on things requires common sense.

if you really believe a shop uses a torque wrench on everything they put back together, you're dreaming.

Edited by serpentracer

Sorry for wanting to be somewhat professional about it. Next time ill just pay someone to do it and watch them use a torque wrench

I can understand using one on a axle so you don't ruin the bearings or something like that.

but really, all the other stuff isn't that critical.

that's not saying you can stand on the wrench to tighten the pinch bolts or calipers.

this is where common sense has to be used.

Edited by serpentracer

if you really believe a shop uses a torque wrench on everything they put back together, you're dreaming.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but do you work at a shop or something? Bc i work at a car dealership and youd b suprise how many things these days require a certain torque. Alot of our bolts require a torque angle gauge

if you can't tell when something is tight enough, you are one of those persons that shouldn't be using tools for a hobby or professionally.

working on things requires common sense.

I work at a shop, professionally, on cars and trucks. I know what to use a torque wrench on. We don't torque every bolt. Sure I know I could tighten by hand those bolts, or I could be absolutely sure they are right and not have to worry about it. Quality, self-assurance, safety.

I work at a shop, professionally, on cars and trucks. I know what to use a torque wrench on. We don't torque every bolt. Sure I know I could tighten by hand those bolts, or I could be absolutely sure they are right and not have to worry about it. Quality, self-assurance, safety.

Same here.

Seriously guys? Busting balls because someone is doing something right and using a torque wrench? Shut the fuck up. If you're in aluminum I'd say use a torque wrench every damn time, steel isn't such a big deal, but either way I wouldn't be doggin on someone for not wanting to fuck shit up. Grow up you asshat/s

Seriously guys? Busting balls because someone is doing something right and using a torque wrench? Shut the fuck up. If you're in aluminum I'd say use a torque wrench every damn time, steel isn't such a big deal, but either way I wouldn't be doggin on someone for not wanting to fuck shit up. Grow up you asshat/s

Thank you!!!