2001 r6, gets fuel, gets spark, won't fire.????CDI????Relay asy????HELP

ShallowGraves

I am workin on a friends 01 R6 . I cleaned the carbs, new plugs, fresh gas, good fuel pressure. Turns over fine, but just won't start. Backfires once and a while. I guess he let someone borrow it, the guy dropped it at a stop sign, broke the brake handle, and wouldn't start. I've checked all the wiring and everything checks out. To me the only thing that's left is would be the cdi box right. Can you have them tested? Help me out.

I am workin on a friends 01 R6 . I cleaned the carbs, new plugs, fresh gas, good fuel pressure. Turns over fine, but just won't start. Backfires once and a while. I guess he let someone borrow it, the guy dropped it at a stop sign, broke the brake handle, and wouldn't start. I've checked all the wiring and everything checks out. To me the only thing that's left is would be the cdi box right. Can you have them tested? Help me out.

Make sure ya check all your grounds, bad ground could give you a weak spark...your spark should be nice and blue, not weak and light orange...couldve tweaked something just enough to pinch a wire or knock a connector off just enough to piss ya off when ya find it :D...just my 2 cents.

same thing i thought but i cant find one on the bike or on wiring diagrams. I think it has jumped time. It blows through the carbs and sucks through the exhaust.

Then you have the exhaust bolted to the intake, and the intake bolted to the exhaust. Common mistake.

Switch them around. :D