Time for an Upgrade

2 fiddy girl

i dont know what your price range is but i just got a brand new 2009 with 0 miles on it for 9100 OTD. i prolly overpaid a little but i had to have it as soon as i walked in and saw it. and hell yea,.... its pure sssseeeexxxxyyyyy!!!! :sex:

I'd like to keep the loan under 5k, and hopefully I could get maybe 2k on trade in for the 250...so 7k is probably top dollar.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, since when is an F4i not a 600?

Second, where are you people riding that strong acceleration up to 90 or 100mph isn't enough power?

1st an F4i isn't a 600rr, that was my only point. 2nd you brought up the difference I just addressed it. I never said it was or wasn't enough.

...and to answer your question, it's not enough power even for running up to the corner store to pick up 40's and condoms for your mom and I.

Never said she wasn't within her right to own one. Just pointed out the differences in the 3 bikes she posted. Wanting a new bike isn't a big deal. Not knowing why you want a new bike is kind of a big deal. Then again' date=' maybe it isn't.[/quote']
who said she didn't have the 'right' to own one? I'm sure after spending so many miles on a 250, she'd be fine on a 600; I just think she'd be happier with a 650(ish) twin. I'm basing my opinion on her stated riding style and desired qualities for a new bike. SHE proposed the Duc as an option, and that's what I recommended. The 650 twins are just more alternatives with similar performance.

I understand and respect your views. :cheers:

I'm just a HP/Torque junkie and love tunnel vision from acceleration. Also, redkow, There are many roads nearby that have nobody around. I've sat and talked taking a break on a nice 2lane road before between Jamestown and Wilmington for about 30 minutes and not one vehicle came by. Those are the roads man. :)

I guess to me it is not how SEXY a bike is, but how much fun it is. Looks is one thing but it is not going to make you have fun on the road. I love torque and easy handling, throwing my bike from one side to the other, there is nothing more fun than that. And I also like to be comfortable. I like long rides and tankhuggers are just not for me...

So I compromised.

I had been riding for 20 years on and off, dual sports, street bikes (but I NEVER got the feel for a cruiser ;)) so when I changed in 2006 from a BMW F650GS I wanted power and upright sitting and I found me a FZ6 Fazer! OMG what a fun bike! You had to pry (spelling) me off that thing. I think that would be a good option for ya, but just my two cents. It had the Yamaha R6 engine in it.

When there was time for a new bike, I upgraded to the FZ1.

But, gotta say, here in the US the FZ6 would do just fine.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Mel

As some one who just left the 250 world i can say that a 600 is a big difference but seeing as the OP rode the 250 so long they seem like a very level headed rider and would be just fine riding on a 600. I bought a R6 as my second bike, 2 days ago and i can barely remember my ninja lol. Like every one said find one that is comfortable to you because anyting over a 250 will be an improvement as far as power goes. Maybe the R6 was a bit much to jump straight into but I'm very happy with it. Out of the bikes posted by the OP I'd be all over the CBR, I have yet to meet a disgruntled CBR owner. I'm not sure of everyones opinions on them but i have a buddy who loves his SV650 so that may be an option to consider on the 'naked' side of things. What ever you do get i guarantee you wont miss that ninja after the first mile

It's time for an upgrade from the 250 (probably by the end of June I'll have a different bike)...I need opinions, because apparently I'm all over the place with my choices...

I really like the HD Iron 883 (2009)...BUT (before all the haters chime in...)

09iron883.jpg

I'm partial to sportbikes. <3 like a CBR600 (2006)

2006_1_CBR1000RR-black.jpg

Or a GSXR.

GSXR1000_WHT_SLV.jpg

And I also have a soft spot for the naked looking bikes...like a Ducati (an older one of course.)

NV13986_1.jpg

Please help...I suffer from liking too many motorcycle styles and not having enough money to have them all. LOL

I have always loved the monster but i love naked bikes. The only thing that keeps me away from it thou is the cost to main tain the bike. Make sure that you can aford to service a ducati before buying one.