Waving gesture rules??

jsheikh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waved to someone yesterday and they didn't wave back.... I cried a little inside.

On a two lane road I wave at everyone with the left hand down wave, or a noticeable nod if my hands are busy.

I indicate EVERY (wave...communication...what-have-you) on two lane roads. I've noticed almost 100% of the time the ones who see you and don"t respond...... is some overweight asshole with no gear on a Harley.

Just saying. 99% of the Harley riders when it comes to manners and riding etiquette think being rude is cool. Yeah you are a bald headed fat piece of shit. You are so cool.

When you weigh 300lbs you either ride a Goldwing or a Harley. Truth.

So whats everyones policy on highway waving? Do you wave acorss the median? Someone waved at my wife and I today like that....?

Depends on the median, I'm not going to go out of my way to wave. But if he is near enough and it's safe enough I'll probably wave. I was caging it one time behind a HD guy. He would throw his arm as high as he could to wave at the other riders. I won't take it that far.

I hate when someone waves for me ass im stopping or at a light they know i have the clutch pulled lol and I want to wave back so bad lol. makes me feel bad that i couldnt :(

When I know they are in that position, I'll just nod, even if I am able to wave.

When I know they are in that position, I'll just nod, even if I am able to wave.

ya thats what i try to do but then i feel like im acting like im not good enough to wave to them lol. see I seem to get alot of shrugging off because i ride a buell I dont get the HD love because it dosnt look like an HD just sounds and I dont get the sport bike love because its not a sports bike. But thats why I love it. it dose get alot of attention thou in a parking lot at like QSL.

ya thats what i try to do but then i feel like im acting like im not good enough to wave to them lol.

If they have ridden a bike for more than say a month, they will understand. But don't think cuz you pass another bike you have to wave, the world won't end.

True story:

Today I was headed in to Kroger on the bike, I waved at a Harley passing in the other direction. As they got closer, I realized they weren't going to see me because they were looking down and behind the bike, must've been looking for parts falling off the thing? :lol:

I havent been blown off all that much. All week every rider either initiated a wave first, or i would then they'd wave back... Ive been blown off maybe 3 times all week. 1 was a HD, another was huge cruiser not HD, and another a sports bike... So thankfully i havent found any evidence for stigmas, yet lol... The funniest thing i noticed though was that when i waved to guys on scooters or those "sports" scooters that look like real bikes until u get close and its like... hmm oh well, wave anyway... lol... Well every scooter i waved to waved to me like it was the last wave of their life... sooooo funny!!

I havent been blown off all that much. All week every rider either initiated a wave first, or i would then they'd wave back... Ive been blown off maybe 3 times all week. 1 was a HD, another was huge cruiser not HD, and another a sports bike... So thankfully i havent found any evidence for stigmas, yet lol... The funniest thing i noticed though was that when i waved to guys on scooters or those "sports" scooters that look like real bikes until u get close and its like... hmm oh well, wave anyway... lol... Well every scooter i waved to waved to me like it was the last wave of their life... sooooo funny!!

I have to agree that I haven't seen any particular group that doesn't wave. I've had some from all types of rider that don't wave.

The Harley guys don't wave to me because I'm all decked out in my safety gear, with a helmet on, riding a metric cruiser.

The sport bike guys don't wave because they are too frickin cool to wave to a cruiser.

My new rule, I ain't waving no more. I hate everyone! :bigfinger:

LOL! :D