Cant believe this robber isnt dead!

max power

A security system set to stay would have backed up a self defense claim.

I know he wouldnt have left my driveway.

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/article/20100331/NEWS01/3310308/1002/rss01

CANAL WINCHESTER -- Fairfield County sheriff's investigators are working to track down a man who broke into a Canal Winchester residence and wrestled with the home's occupant over a loaded shotgun. Officials say the robber attempted to steal several double-barrel shotguns as he ransacked a house in the 9100 block of Winchester Road around 11:10 a.m. Monday.

But the resident didn't let the robber get away easily and wrestled with the intruder to retrieve a weapon.

"I was trying to get to my gun, and the intruder happened to be in between me and my gun -- my loaded gun that he hadn't gotten to yet," the man told the Eagle-Gazette on Tuesday.

The resident said he was alone in the basement of his home when he heard noises upstairs. He entered the upstairs kitchen and noticed three shotguns and a TV on the living-room floor, according to a report from the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office.

The resident, a man in his 60s, went in search of a gun in his bedroom, where he found the robber rifling through dresser drawers, according to the report. The robber then grabbed a double-barrel shotgun lying on the bed, and the two men struggled for the gun.

"I actually didn't intend to meet face to face with him," the man said. "I didn't know he was in the room where I was heading. I thought he was in another part of the house, actually. I didn't really want to come in contact with him till I got to my gun."

The resident said he was injured when the intruder struck him in the shoulder with the weapon.

The robber ran to the front door of the home, ripping the storm door off its hinges, according to the report. The man got into his vehicle, which was parked in front of the resident's garage. He struck the robber's windshield with the recovered gun, damaging the windshield on the driver's side.

Sheriff Dave Phalen said the robber kicked in the resident's front door to gain entry into the home. He said the robber most likely knocked on the door or rang the doorbell and went in when no one answered.

Phalen advises residents call 911 immediately, remain calm and not attempt confrontation with intruders if ever in a similar situation. If occupants cannot leave the home, Phalen suggests they secure themselves in a room.

"We never know how we're going to feel when someone is in your house and trying to flee with your items," he said. "But just try not to put yourself in harm's way because you never know if these people are armed or if they may be dangerous."

Phalen said Sheriff's Office investigators have not identified any trends in daytime burglaries near the home, but they have made four arrests regarding two recent Violet Township daytime burglaries.

This has always been the craziest little town. Its usually people dying in strange ways.

The whole crime thing is from Columbus getting so close. Dirtbags dont shit where they eat, they go to the nearest nice town to do their crimes.

This has always been the craziest little town. Its usually people dying in strange ways.

The whole crime thing is from Columbus getting so close. Dirtbags dont shit where they eat, they go to the nearest nice town to do their crimes.

Actually, dirtbags do shit where they eat. But bigger dirtbags chase the littler dirtbags out, and they show up somewhere else...