Pedestrian hit

ReconRat

I just watched a pedestrian get hit by a car, bounce off the hood and windshield, and do a 360 degree cartwheel in the air. Yes, she was in a crosswalk. Driver was probably on a phone.

I can stand out there and count drivers on phones, on any day, as they head toward the freeway. On the way home from work, it's about 9 out of ten drivers on a phone, driving through a school zone, and ignoring pedestrian cross walks...

On Cleveland Ave?

Yup, in the crosswalk in front of WD. Car was North bound left lane. Heavy traffic. People had just crossed and this car tried to shoot past the crosswalk, with at least one more person crossing. Hit her legs down low while skidding to a stop, put her on the hood and windshield, and tossed her into the air for a fast 360 cartwheel, and down on the ground in front of the car. Could have been much worse. She was sitting up and conscious.

That spread-eagled 360 cartwheel is burned into my mind. I was looking right at her when I heard the tires skid. I was in the line waiting to turn right out of the parking lot. I called campus for quick response before something else happened. The street was immediately full of people at risk.

lol some dickwad almost hit me last summer in the crosswalk. he seriously passed like 2 inches in front of me. i threw my drink at him. pepsi all over your windshield bitch!