SE Ohio Ride sometime this weekend. Probably Monday the 12th

Siege77

Hit up some SE Ohio Roads for the last time this season.

Buddy of mine from riderforums.com is planning this. General idea so far is.

Arrive/meet in Zanesville at "X" time, ride OH 555 south to US 50, and go east or west from there.

If anyone is interested post up and I'll keep ya informed.

Weather is looking pretty good that day right now. low 60's and 20% chance of rain as of now.

Meeting time and place is set in stone. The roads we take could change depding on what we feel like doing. Weather looks decent for this time of year and rain shouldn't be an issues as long as we end things a little before dusk. I think most of you guys are in C-Bus. I'm busting out the ski gear for that morning ride down 77. Holy hell it'll be cold. Anyways. Details are as follows below.

Cut and paste from other forum:

The plan for now is to meet between 9:30 and 10 a.m. on Monday morning at Bob Evans, 450 Underwood St, Zanesville, OH 43701 (phone 740-452-6106). This Bob Evans in the one just north of I-70 at exit 155. Please get there early if you'd like to eat there before we take off, b/c I'd like to leave the restaurant by 10:30 a.m.

At this point I'm looking at a route of OH 60S (out of Zanesville) to OH 555S to US 50. At that point we can head toward Marietta via US 50E and OH 7N, OR doubleback on OH 555N to OH 550 and go west to Athens OR east to Marietta. We'll probably have our lunch stop in one of those cities.

From Athens we could take OH 13N to OH 78E to OH 83N back to I-70,OR take OH 78E to I-77. It's possible we could hit the OH 376/266 loop (see below) during this route, making our way back north via OH 60E and OH 83N.

From Marietta we could take OH 60W (north out of Marietta) all the way back to Zanesville, with the option of doing the OH 266/376 loop that runs south of OH 60 and meets back up with OH 60 at Malta, OH. I don't know the road conditions of 266/376 but they look interesting on the map and they are marked as 'scenic routes'.

I'm not planning many photo-op stops, but the "Big Muskie" is just off OH 78 if you're interested in stopping there. It is a very cool sight to see and get pix of, plus a decent place to stop for a short break. Just watch out for gravel getting in and out of there!

If you didn't get a PM from me and want to go send me a PM with your name and phone#. If you're coming from Columbus you might want to see if the other guys from the post on this forum want to ride to Bob's together.

When monday morning comes around check this thread http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=38773

for final word if we're going. Also give my cell a buz so I'll know to expect you at Bob Evans. I'm leaving from cleveland around 7:30-8ish cuz i've got a longer ride to get down there. PM me and I'll PM you back my cell#

Later

C.J.

The weather is looking a little worse coming down from Cleveland. Like rain in the morning and then t-storms on the way home... That being said Columbus to SE Ohio weather looks pretty good. Ah Cleveland, Its weather, job market, and football team all blow ass. Anyways, I'm not too wild about cold+wet+highway speeds for 2 hours to get down there. I'm going to look at the weather map tomarrow morning and see what I think is coming my way. I really don't want to spend the entire day wet and cold from the trip down or get caught in a t-storm on the way back.

Should be pretty smooth sailing from C-bus though. I'll post tomarrow by 6:30am if i'm going for sure. The other guy from Cleveland (Tim) still seems pretty determined to go, but who knows. I can give you his number if you guys are still going and he is too. PM me if you want his number or mine.

Ok, even though the weather is looking pretty warm. It also looks to be a little wet. Normally I ride when it says 30% chance of rain but it looks like a bunch of scatered crap is heading towards SE Ohio for durring the day and I'm not that confident in my rain gear. So anyways, I'm gunna pass on this ride. If you go you can still call me and I'll relay a message to Tim or call you back with his #.

Ride safe.

C.J.