Ticket with Temps

Ms. J

No, I didn't get a ticket. We are buying bikes far from home, and need to take the highway back. I know that is a restriction, but wasn't sure if it was a huge deal to get a ticket just in case.

No, I didn't get a ticket. We are buying bikes far from home, and need to take the highway back. I know that is a restriction, but wasn't sure if it was a huge deal to get a ticket just in case.

That's a bit different... You'd get a ticket no-op, pretty much the same as getting caught with no license. And they could impound the bike.

Happened to a friend on mine. The trooper that stopped him was in his National Guard unit but still nailed him for no ops, but let a friend come get his bike.

....We are buying bikes far from home, and need to take the highway back. I know that is a restriction, but wasn't sure if it was a huge deal to get a ticket just in case.

Google Map a different route home? :dunno:

Or if you <have> to be on the highway, wear full gear, ride with the traffic flow (or at the speed limit), use your signals, and try not to stand out.

That's a bit different... You'd get a ticket no-op, pretty much the same as getting caught with no license. And they could impound the bike.

Happened to a friend on mine. The trooper that stopped him was in his National Guard unit but still nailed him for no ops, but let a friend come get his bike.

Bingo, that's what happened to me in Worthington. The cop can allow someone to come get the bike, or he can be a dick and call the tow truck to the impound lot. Either way, your riding is done for the day.

If you behave yourself and ride the speed limit , there shouldn't be a problem , as long as you don't do something stupid to get stopped for any reason , they will never know !!

If you behave yourself and ride the speed limit , there shouldn't be a problem , as long as you don't do something stupid to get stopped for any reason , they will never know !!

Tell that to the Worthington police. Straight line, doing the speed limit, riding in formation, full gear. Still got popped.

they impound your bike and put it in the crusher. you get hauled away to prison were u r waterboarded and whipped repeatedly.:mad:

LMFAO!!! LOVE it! ummm i hope to never find this out.

Just be careful i have my temps and the first day i got on my bike i was on the e-way. for me its second nature. Just be AWARE of whats going on around you..have fun lady :)

I know a few people who have been riding everywhere on their temps for years with no issues. That said, it's a big risk every time, and gets to be a headache (just having something extra to worry about.

I'd really recommend that you get someone to either ride or truck it home for you.

Plenty of good helpful people on here, if you can find someone in your area.

I wouldn't risk it. If you can't get anyone to ride it for you, look into renting a pick-up truck for the day (Enterprise may have good rates), and tow it back. I've had to do that before, and it wasn't very expensive (and I had to drive like 200mi. each way).

lol, I know folks who have been riding for decades without endorsements.... some even without a temp.

But given my luck and/or paranoia I didn't bother, got my endorsement last year 1 month into riding because I didn't want to deal with it. Better safe than sorry.

Is the bike even going to be plated and insured for the ride home?

Mine wasn't - i had my cousin (he's a cop) ride it for that very reason. figured he'd have a better time smoothing over the lack of plates than I would.

rent a trailer, or work something out with the seller as far as 'delivery.' In my case, my bike was 40 miles from MY house, but it was 2 miles from my uncle's house. I had the PO ride to my uncle's, and then I drove him back to his place.

We brought his home today from the dealer and took back roads. They said that they will bring mine to that location instead of their other location so that we can drive it home safely. It's closer to home and easy to avoid highways. I don't feel good about breaking the law already!

He bought an '09 R6 and I bought a '09 Ninja 500. :D I will put up some pics by this weekend.