Insurance?

Ms. J

I pay just under 100 a year for my cruiser with Progressive. Sports stuff is always more, I have issues in the past getting coverage for my RX7 because most classify it as an "exotic Sport", if something gets that title it is really expensive.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Matt Breakey with State Farm. He is in Gahanna, but that doesn't matter at all. He is a motorcycle guy so he will hook you up. I had my 08 ninja 250 with full coverage for $12 a month and now my cbr1000rr for about $25 a month (full coverage).

Matt Breakey

614-471-5000

265 Lincoln Circle Gahanna, OH 43230 www.statefarm.com

I pay just under 100 a year for my cruiser with Progressive. Sports stuff is always more, I have issues in the past getting coverage for my RX7 because most classify it as an "exotic Sport", if something gets that title it is really expensive.

I loved RX7's! Didn't care for the 8's.

Any idea on where to get good insurance rates? Ours is WAY too high!

i have state farm and love them...for full coverage its 10 bucks a month for me..but i also have two cars, two bikes, two life insurance policies, and a house on one policy. thats the way to go.. we have been with state farm since our teenage years. :)

I may have to call that guy. I have my cars insured with State Farm, but they quoted me more than I was paying when I asked about switching my Shadow over to them. Now that I have an old fast bike and a new fast bike, I may have to see if State Farm is a better option.

all this talk prompted me to look at my policy. turns out i haven't updated it (except my address) since 2005...

it lists me as not having an endorsement. Having one knocks of $16/year. Seems dumb that it's not more than that...

I may also change my 'status' to "married," but i have to add my wife to the policy to do that. She has an endorsement as well though, so that may actually help my cause twice. we'll see.

Oh, and cost of insurance has a lot to do with your location - moving from Broadview Heights, to Cleveland, to Parma, my rates fluctuated a LOT.

BVH - $212/year. Cleveland $312. Parma $240ish. Probably has to do with population density (traffic) and theft rates, but that speculation on my part.

State Farm for me.

As for the high insurance prices on the R6. Well, it's brand new. Do you have a lein on the title for it? That doesn't help at all. Also, blame all of the squids in your area for buying brand new bikes and wadding them a few months later. My buddy (keep in mind he's 21) has had no incidents, tickets, etc and his 06 R6 was like $1400/year for full coverage. So, you aren't alone.

I have full coverage on my Aprilia through State Farm, it's $1400/year for me with $1000 deductible. Buuuut, I'm a bad boy. Many tickets for speeding and one not-at-fault accident, so, I kinda expect a rate like that. In the winter I drop collision and just keep comp on it in case of fire or theft or something and it costs $20/month to store it like that.

You are correct Nick that State Farm just looks at CC size, but, my insurance card also states "supersport" on it. So I don't think it's just CCs anymore.

Check out Matt Breakey with State Farm. He is in Gahanna, but that doesn't matter at all. He is a motorcycle guy so he will hook you up. I had my 08 ninja 250 with full coverage for $12 a month and now my cbr1000rr for about $25 a month (full coverage).

Matt Breakey

614-471-5000

265 Lincoln Circle Gahanna, OH 43230 www.statefarm.com

Just called him for a quote. Hopefully, I get a callback with a better amount than Progressive is charging me. He's quoting my condo and car, too.

State Farm FTW! I have them for House/Cars/Motorcycle but they have always been good. Never have had any issues or anything. I think I pay $12 a month for my 954. I could have it cheaper, but I added something to make it a little more, can't remember. One thing that will get you is the full coverage. I see others have mentioned it and that is true. I bought mine with credit card with lower interest rate then a loan, so the bike is covered through my house insurance if anything. At least that is what I have heard. Maybe I need to check that out...lol!

I've changed companies three times in the last two years. Seems everytime I call a different company for a quote it gets cheaper. I switched to Allstate last December and am now paying $246 a year for full coverage on both bikes, '06 Shadow and a '08 Interceptor. $500 ded on the Shadow and $1000 ded on the Interceptor with what they call their "Silver Protection Package".

Just called him for a quote. Hopefully, I get a callback with a better amount than Progressive is charging me. He's quoting my condo and car, too.

Oh cool! When you talk to him (or Nathan - the young guy in the office) let them know I referred you. Just say Julie with the CBR1000RR and they should know. :) I bug them a lot

I get a little kick back, but I told them about Ohio Riders people and are willing to work out some good deals. It doesn't matter to me if i get the discounts or not because my policy is pretty sweet to begin with... im more out to hook up some fellow riders since i cant stand insurance fraud and people who dont have it :) now go change your policy ;):);)

Oh cool! When you talk to him (or Nathan - the young guy in the office) let them know I referred you. Just say Julie with the CBR1000RR and they should know. :) I bug them a lot

It was Nathan, and he did ask how I'd heard of them, and I did tell him it was you. Im switching, too. They're $1400 a year cheaper.

WOW!! Glad they could hook you up! Did you switch everything over to them? Congrats on the big savings!!! :)

Thanks. I feel like I owe you dinner, or a bike, or something. lol.

Switching everything except my car. For some reason, USAA is still WAY cheaper on my Lex.

I get a little kick back, but I told them about Ohio Riders people and are willing to work out some good deals. It doesn't matter to me if i get the discounts or not because my policy is pretty sweet to begin with... im more out to hook up some fellow riders since i cant stand insurance fraud and people who dont have it :) now go change your policy ;):);)

Well if they can do better than $99 a year full coverage on my bike I might check them out.

Thanks. I feel like I owe you dinner, or a bike, or something. lol.

Switching everything except my car. For some reason, USAA is still WAY cheaper on my Lex.

hmmmmm dinner? nah. I dont think justin0469 would appreciate that ;) but i'll definitely take a bike :) haha

I'm really glad they could help you out! Spread the word. I think these guys might start an OR deal and become a sponsor here.

hmmmmm dinner? nah. I dont think justin0469 would appreciate that ;) but i'll definitely take a bike :) haha

I'm really glad they could help you out! Spread the word. I think these guys might start an OR deal and become a sponsor here.

I'm poor, dinner would have been McDonalds or something. lol.