Insurance?

Ms. J

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done fairly well with Progressive-- Low rates, US call center, and so on. I've never had a to file a claim, though, so I don't know how they are with that.

I have full coverage on my Shadow, and it runs about $240-ish a year.

Basic liability on my GS750 runs me like $130-ish (it's quick for its age).

When I was looking at a CBR 900, they told me it'd be about $350 for basic with a couple of extras.

Hope that helps.

I go through Cincinnati Insurance. 36 with clean record and it costs around $300 per year for full coverage. Although, they won't cover your husband's bike. They'll sub it out to Progressive. Initially, they catagorized my FZ6 as a "crotchrocket" and wouldn't cover. After some argument, they classified it as a "notacrotchrocket". All is well.

I have Geico now and am satisfied. Fairly cheap. But will probably switch to USAA come June.

I have USAA right now for other stuff, banking and car loan. Used to have their insurance but we got better rates elsewhere for the cars. And I am fed up with USAA fucking with me.

The price they gave us was around $675/year for my husbands R6 only. We haven't put my bike on yet because we are picking it up Friday and I didn't have the info when I called today. I thought it seemed too high, but we needed to get it started to bring the bike home. Guess I will have to shop around tomorrow and try to switch.

I have geico, $99 a year, full coverage.

Take the MSF course, I got 10% for taking it.

I am taking the course in June and she said the discount would apply then, but it only drops it like $50/year.

Yeah. We deposit our paychecks at home via our scanner. We;ve done this forever. Then one day we deposited our checks and they put a 7 day hold on it. My wife called and they said it's always been their policy to hold checks more than like 200 bucks. Well after fighting with them they finally took the hold off. They have never held them before.

And they will call not stop asking for a payment on the credit card when its been paid or when it has already been okayed to pay in a couple days. They don't note anything in their systems so when a rep pulles our file it briefs them on what's going on.

They have just become more difficult to deal with. Plus I also want a bank I can walk into, most likely switching to a credit union soon.

Yeah. We deposit our paychecks at home via our scanner. We;ve done this forever. Then one day we deposited our checks and they put a 7 day hold on it. My wife called and they said it's always been their policy to hold checks more than like 200 bucks. Well after fighting with them they finally took the hold off. They have never held them before.

And they will call not stop asking for a payment on the credit card when its been paid or when it has already been okayed to pay in a couple days. They don't note anything in their systems so when a rep pulles our file it briefs them on what's going on.

They have just become more difficult to deal with. Plus I also want a bank I can walk into, most likely switching to a credit union soon.

Thats unfortunate. Ive never had issues with them. I do most of my banking through them, but always have 1 account elsewhere just incase I need to deal with a physical location.

I have Geico now and am satisfied. Fairly cheap. But will probably switch to USAA come June.

USAA won't insure bikes, they farm them out to Progessive. I have my condo and car with USAA, as well as life insurance. Awesome rates. Nobody has been able to come close on the car. If they'd insure my bike, I'd be happy.

*edit* Ooops, didn't notice this had already been said.

Any idea on where to get good insurance rates? Ours is WAY too high!

It really depends on where you live and the type u want. I have liability only and i pay $ 6.00 a month. But then again I also have a perfect driving record with no points. And I'm 34 years old and your quote also depends on your age.:rulez:

State Farm is awesome because they go by CC's only, not what type of bike it is. I've been with them for years and they've always treated me right, even after filing a couple claims.

I've never paid more than $500 a year for full coverage on any bike, including a new 06 CBR1000RR in 06 and a new FZ1 in 08.

Progressive is CRAZY HIGH for sportbikes. They see that "R" at the end of the name and rape you. They're only good for cruisers.

Sportbikes are best with State Farm in my opinion. They don't care what bike you have, and only go by the cc's, not what kind of bike it is. Plus nice discounts for bundling with them.