Any UFC fans here? Watching 112 tonight?

ShankroidBeast

it played at like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I had to miss it due to a Bach. party. i was in Cleveland. I read about it and Silva is still and will always be a douche... hes not a real fighter, he needs to be an actor..

It didn't air until 10 for the PPV though even though it was in Abu Dhabi. He's a real fighter and easily one of the best fighters in MMA today. At least he apologized for clowning so much after the fight and he gave props to Demain Maia for the couple of shots that did hit. We'll have to see how he comes out the next one.

It didn't air until 10 for the PPV though even though it was in Abu Dhabi. He's a real fighter and easily one of the best fighters in MMA today. At least he apologized for clowning so much after the fight and he gave props to Demain Maia for the couple of shots that did hit. We'll have to see how he comes out the next one.

Is that what you got from the post fight news conference? He started to justify his actions by saying Maia disrespected him by expressing his intent to break his arm. I didnt hear much apologizing, mainly excuses. If a guy disrespects you, as a fighter wouldnt you want to beat his ass?

Silva clearly dominated Maia as a MMA fighter. I thought he didnt want to be beat him out of respect for a fellow brazilian fighter. If that was the case, id respect him a little more...but who knows.

I thought the taunting in the first 3 rounds was entertaining, assuming he would go ape shit on him in the 4th. I was pretty disappointed he didnt want to fight the last 2 rounds.

Edit: I thought the first fight of the night with Munoz was the best fight of all. Seeing that little filipino take that type of punishment from Grove only to come back harder every time was amazing. Showed alot of heart.

Edited by ohdaho

That fight was a joke.

I agree that he is a great fighter, but it would be nice to actually see him do something other than act like an ass. I think there was maybe 4 maybe 5 minutes of actual fighting. If you are really that good, kick the other guys ass, and be done with it. I'm not quite sure what he was going for Saturday night.

Now granted, IIRC, he took some heat for ending fights to quickly. So maybe this is his way of stretching the fight out. Still pretty ridiculous what he did during that fight.

I was disappointed with Penn's fight too.

Is that what you got from the post fight news conference? He started to justify his actions by saying Maia disrespected him by expressing his intent to break his arm. I didnt hear much apologizing, mainly excuses. If a guy disrespects you, as a fighter wouldnt you want to beat his ass?

Silva clearly dominated Maia as a MMA fighter. I thought he didnt want to be beat him out of respect for a fellow brazilian fighter. If that was the case, id respect him a little more...but who knows.

I thought the taunting in the first 3 rounds was entertaining, assuming he would go ape shit on him in the 4th. I was pretty disappointed he didnt want to fight the last 2 rounds.

Edit: I thought the first fight of the night with Munoz was the best fight of all. Seeing that little filipino take that type of punishment from Grove only to come back harder every time was amazing. Showed alot of heart.

No that's exactly what he said right after the fight in the cage. I think he originally intended to make a fool of him for a few rounds and then finish it for talking shit, but after Maia landed one or two in the third and got a bit more aggressive Silva suddenly got a lot more conservative.

Who knows but I think everyone (especially those that bought the PPV) were unhappy with the fight going into the 4th round.

I was pretty pissed about the leak because I get ESPN Alert text on my phone and they were coming in and I was like WTF! Anyways, I think Silva will loose a little respect after the taunting... I thought it was a little humorous but then I was getting fed up with it and just wanted him to knock him out! Agreed that the best fight was Munoz-Grove... BJ Penn did not look ready and I think Frank did ok, but not sure if it was really enough to beat Penn. Who knows, it will end up being like Boxing was back in the day when Don King got his hands in everything.

I was pretty pissed about the leak because I get ESPN Alert text on my phone and they were coming in and I was like WTF! Anyways, I think Silva will loose a little respect after the taunting... I thought it was a little humorous but then I was getting fed up with it and just wanted him to knock him out! Agreed that the best fight was Munoz-Grove... BJ Penn did not look ready and I think Frank did ok, but not sure if it was really enough to beat Penn. Who knows, it will end up being like Boxing was back in the day when Don King got his hands in everything.

Silva used to be a favorite fighter of mine. He toys around too much in the ring. He needs to go in and dominate from the beginning. It was funny to see him toy around the first couple fights but it is old now.

The ref can't declare a no contest he can only deduct points after warning, but he should have given warnings earlier and started with a point deduction in the fourth round. Half way through the fifth round deducted another and if Silva then continued to run, declared Silva unable to fight.

Vitor Belfort would have been a better fight for Silva. I don't want to hear the GSP talk...GSP might take him down, but he won't be able to control Silva, and may end up getting tapped. GSP may be strong, but Silva is a better athlete. Silva wins that fight.

I actually stopped watching the fight in the 3rd round because it was so lopsided that I figured it was going to end soon. I guess I missed Silva's refusal to engage. My thoughts on that...put someone in front of him that will make him engage. The best way to make him fight is to put someone in there that will try to punish him on the ground AND standing up. Maia was semi one dimensional...he wasn't the guy to shut Silva up.