R1 on the side walk. wtf was this guy thinking?

cOoTeR

I went to the post office today. As I removed my helmet I heard a sport bike coming. When I turned to look I was surprised to see an r1 driving down the side walk. It appeared the guy had pulled out of the udf on the corner wanting to go left. But the traffic was backed up for about half a block so he couldn't get through. The side walk was also busy with people walking on it. This was on the Ohio Wesleyen campus at about 330pm and a lot of people were around. Also the bike had 30 day tags on it. This dude isn't wasting any time trying to get himself in trouble with the bike. All he had to do if he didn't want to wait for a chance to turn left, was turn right onto the road at the other exit of the gas station. Then go around the block. Instead he chose to drive down the side walk and about tbone a car leaving the post office parking lot.

Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect. I have gone faster than the speed limit and my front wheel sometimes comes off the ground. But its riders like this that piss people off and give sport bike riders a bad image.

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind to use the side walk, but I chose not to. If bikers piss off enough people the police and law makers are going to start harassing bikers. Look at the strict bike laws in daytona Florida, sturgis sd and deals gap Tenn.

When I read this, I thought you meant there was one PARKED on the sidewalk. I clicked it cuz I parked mine on my sidewalk once. I thought about washing it, but changed my mind. Riding is entirely different.

This was in town not the suburbs. A couple people had to step off the side walk so he could pass.

This was in town not the suburbs. A couple people had to step off the side walk so he could pass.

Now THAT'S where I would have a problem!

I regularly lane split through stand still or slow traffic and cut to the front of the line at lights ALL the time:rolleyes:, but definitely would not (if ever) ride the sidewalk if there was more than 1 person in plain sight walking....

Agreed that as bikers we need to be SOMEWHAT careful about how many people we piss off or it'll eventually catch up to us sooner or later. :nono:

See, that's crazy. I've ridden on empty sidewalks a few feet to cross into non-connecting parking lots, but never one there actually fucking people on.

Dumbass. Someone should have tackled him off the bike. That would be awesome.

Some of you know I painted my ZX last year. Two weeks later, I custom painted my helmet to match. Shortly after, about a month, my helmet was stolen.

Since it was the end of the riding season, I didnt purchase a new helmet till this past March.

So I purchased a ZOX spectre R, $60 @ Iron Pony.

2010-03-06151150_Newark_Ohio_US.jpg

But I really liked having a matching helmet. So I decided to paint it and even add black stripes. As soon as it warmed up I got to work.

I first removed the visor, visor mounts, parts of the padded liner, and taped off the openings. Sanded the entire helmet to promote proper adhesion.

After applying pearl white, I masked off to apply gloss black

2010-03-24205632.jpg

2010-03-24205639.jpg

I then shot gloss black, then finished with Clear over everything. Reassembled the parts and visor.

2010-03-25182215.jpg

To add some "pop" I added 1/8" red pin stripes to tie in with my wheels and forks

And here is the finished product

2010-03-26001955.jpg

I'm very pleased with it, especially since I've never laid any sort of stripes or designs before.

Uh... what?

I regularly lane split through stand still or slow traffic and cut to the front of the line at lights ALL the time:rolleyes:

Ahhh, you do realize thats not legal right.:rulez:

Do we have any cops on here? I have wondered about the lane splitting issue according to AMA website there is no law against lane splitting in Ohio but everyone insists it is illegal in Ohio. Does anyone know for sure what is correct?

I went to the post office today. As I removed my helmet I heard a sport bike coming. When I turned to look I was surprised to see an r1 driving down the side walk. It appeared the guy had pulled out of the udf on the corner wanting to go left. But the traffic was backed up for about half a block so he couldn't get through. The side walk was also busy with people walking on it. This was on the Ohio Wesleyen campus at about 330pm and a lot of people were around. Also the bike had 30 day tags on it. This dude isn't wasting any time trying to get himself in trouble with the bike. All he had to do if he didn't want to wait for a chance to turn left, was turn right onto the road at the other exit of the gas station. Then go around the block. Instead he chose to drive down the side walk and about tbone a car leaving the post office parking lot.

Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect. I have gone faster than the speed limit and my front wheel sometimes comes off the ground. But its riders like this that piss people off and give sport bike riders a bad image.

To be fair, that intersection SUCKS!

:D

Do we have any cops on here? I have wondered about the lane splitting issue according to AMA website there is no law against lane splitting in Ohio but everyone insists it is illegal in Ohio. Does anyone know for sure what is correct?

11 page thread here.... http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=11965

This means nothing without video lol. come on man were is the flip video camera or at least your cell. I so could have injoyed this more being able to watch him going down the side walk. I would have wanted to see the peoples faces after he passed them.

Ahhh' date=' you do realize thats not legal right.:rulez:[/quote']

I do understand this.... but then again, I'm not about to sit here and give you 100 different awful excuses for why it's OK for me to do it b/c MY situation is different from everyone elses.

It isn't legal, I know this, I accept this, I do it anyway....

But, I can say I try to use as much caution as possible while I'm acting "above the law." :cool:

That fricken stupid.

This means nothing without video lol. come on man were is the flip video camera or at least your cell. I so could have injoyed this more being able to watch him going down the side walk. I would have wanted to see the peoples faces after he passed them.

+1, That'd have been awesome.

Yes lane splitting is illegal in Ohio. One vehicle per lane.

In all honesty, this is more of a 2.5 page thread on it, followed by 8.5 pages of :flingpoo:

Seriously. I don't think there was even that much, and definitely not anything concrete other than there is no law about it, but you'll probably get a ticket for "something" if they want to pull you over for it.