rattle can paint job

Hoblick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of paint did you use for both the base and clear. I need to paint my side covers since they are the wrong color. Colorrite.com has the paint at $34 for an aerosol can, not sure what to use for the clear cote (or even if I need it).

what kind of paint did you use for both the base and clear. I need to paint my side covers since they are the wrong color. Colorrite.com has the paint at $34 for an aerosol can, not sure what to use for the clear cote (or even if I need it).

i used duplicolor shit from advanced auto

im sure the colorrite is alot better stuff, i think its urethane.. where as the shit form advanced is enamel

i wasnt being to picky since its on the track bike

Dude that looks really good for a rattle can! You can make it look nice with that stuff but you gotta know how to spray it, plus the clear coat helps it look even better and last longer... Sweet bro, nice job!

wait till its wet sanded and buffed lol..

its crazy how good you can get rattle can to look, it just isnt durable

Question...

I have some beat up fairings for an older bike and wanted to paint them. Do I sand them down and then paint them. I don't want to put a lot of money into it, but make it look nice. Also, the tank has a dent in it and I have no idea on how to get that out and make it look nice as well. If anyone has a good site I can go to or something, hit me up...

Wow that came out really good. I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my race plastics. Just going to leave them flat black. Don't want to spend too much time on them.

if you want flat black track plastics, go with spray on bedliner. very tough stuff.

that tail looks awesome hob!

Maybe I'm the only one who wants to know, but could you post a how-to on making a rattle can job look that good?

the next piece i do.. which will be in a week, ill take pics, step by step.

main thing you would need is a buffer. you can use a rubbing compound by hand, but it takes a long time, and yo wont get the same gloss as what i achieve with a machine buffer