South Carolina

rick37

I'll be sure to do the same when I'm in Kiawah Island in July.

I just got back from there Saturday. I absolutely love it there but only thing that sucks is its a little bit boring for me and its a decent trek up to Charleston

I just got back from there Saturday. I absolutely love it there but only thing that sucks is its a little bit boring for me and its a decent trek up to Charleston

My family and I go down there a couple times a year. We get a end condo in Mariners Watch right by the beach entrance.....for FREE! BOO-YAH! The boys are both old enough to start pullin' some tang so hopefully the condo will be full of tail for me to check out...just don't tell the wife I said that.

:D

My family and I go down there a couple times a year. We get a end condo in Mariners Watch right by the beach entrance.....for FREE! BOO-YAH! The boys are both old enough to start pullin' some tang so hopefully the condo will be full of tail for me to check out...just don't tell the wife I said that.

:D

nice! It wasn't my first choice to go for a week but it was hard to pass up a free week of a villa as well as free rounds at The Ocean Course and Osprey Point. The tang was lacking for my age group so we just drove up to Charleston a couple times to run that game. Haha your secret is safe w me

The guy we get the condo from (VP of Rogers & Brown in Charleston) said his company was thinking of selling it, they were told to ask some absurd amount of money...like over $1M. I was like "Ain't no friggin' way!"...maybe $650-750k but that's it. I'm taking my sticks with me this time also since I already have pre-approval to hit the links. The beach is nice but I'd rather be playing out of sand traps personally.

How were those two courses by the way?

...How were those two courses by the way?

I've played The Ocean Course a bunch of times. Very nice, well conditioned. think Muirfield with an ocean. The wind can be a bit fun in the afternoon, so try to get out before 10. Plus it can get warm. Don't worry about the gators - they're all over the place but I've never seen them move. Not stupid hard as long as you don't try to do things you can't at, say Blackhawk.. Not quite Pebble, if you've played there, but the experience is somewhat the same (ocean, wind, beautiful).

It'll be closed for a week in June and another one in August, so check before you schedule.

Turtle Point has really small, fast greens, it's a Nicklaus course, so .

Cougar Point - what a rip-off. No cougars anywhere...!

Haven't played Osprey Point or Oak Point.

Great places to eat in Charleston, not so much in Kiawah.

The guy we get the condo from (VP of Rogers & Brown in Charleston) said his company was thinking of selling it, they were told to ask some absurd amount of money...like over $1M. I was like "Ain't no friggin' way!"...maybe $650-750k but that's it. I'm taking my sticks with me this time also since I already have pre-approval to hit the links. The beach is nice but I'd rather be playing out of sand traps personally.

How were those two courses by the way?

Those places all go for ridiculous amounts of money, even just for freakin condos it is unbelievable!

I love both courses but be prepared to bring plenty of balls. I'm decent at best and was able to shoot in the 90's at both courses (mind you thats not taking penalties). You MUST play the Ocean Course in my opinion, its just something every golfer should get to do. Its absolutely amazing but very very hard and extremely expensive, I think one round of 18 is $300. Not to mention you also have to play in the afternoon because before Noon you are required to walk and take a caddy

Osprey Point is pretty cool and one of my favorites because its different but not too hard. Gators everywhere which was a pretty cool experience. I have yet been able to play any other courses there but my next choices would be Cougar Point or Turtle Point